As a streamlined version of the Propellerheads Reason software, Reason Essentials 2 packs in everything you need to record, edit, mix and master music.
Reason Essentials 2 is endowed with a great selection of familiar instruments including the NN-XT Sampler, Dr.Octo Rex loop player, Redrum, Subtractor and more. Effects include the Line 6 virtual guitar and bass amplifiers, delays, chorus, scream as well as the 4 band mastering EQ, and more making essentials a great choice for songwriters, producers or guitarists.
Reason Essentials 2 includes an audio modelled mixing console with a full channel strip featuring aux sends, dynamics and EQ allowing the user to craft any conceivable idea of genre and achieve professional and commercial results with ease. Building tunes couldn't be simpler; drag and drop effects or instrument modules into the rack, meaning you can get on with your music without the software getting in the way.
The main features of Reason Essentials 2 include:
- Unlimited audio recording and instrument channels
- Six instruments included: NN-XT sampler, Dr. Octo Rex Loop Player, Redrum drum machine,
- Subtractor synth, ID-8 and Combinator
- Ten effects included: delay, reverb, virtual amps, distortion, chorus and mastering effects
- Modeled mixing console with channel strip for every instrument and audio channel
- Rack Extension technology lets users expand their collection of instruments and effects with the devices they want
- Fully featured high-precision multitrack sequencer with audio comping tools, slicing and audio quantize
- High quality realtime time stretch—adjust the tempo of your whole song, or alter the timing of a recorded performance
- Bounce audio recordings to REX loop format, for use in Reason Essentials' sampler or loop player
- Remote mapping to external MIDI controllers and hardware control surfaces
- Comes with a great factory sound bank, with patches for Reason Essentials devices, samples, and loops
- ReWire support
- Multicore support and 64-bit compatibility makes Reason Essentials fast and powerful on any computer
- Advanced exporting—export your separate mixer channels as individual audio stems, including effects and tempo track
- ReGroove Mixer real-time groove console
- Matrix pattern-based sequencer
- 14 x 2 mixer w/ EQ and effects send/return
- 6:2 channel stereo line mixer
- Spider Audio Merger & Splitter
- Spider Control Voltage Merger & Splitter