The MOTU Digital Performer 8 DAW Software is one of the most comprehensive DAW software packages available providing everything from great software instruments, industry standard effects plug-ins, powerful dynamics plug-ins, some of the best guitar amps and effects, as well as intuitive film score capabilities. There are many reasons why Digital Performer 8 DAW Software got the Electronic Musician Editors Choice Award for 2013.
What’s new in Digital Performer 8 is support for both 32-bit and 64-bit operation, meaning you can utilise more memory in 64-bit mode for plug-ins that require a bit more resource than usual, giving you more power at your fingertips. There are 17 new effects plug-ins ranging from amazingly detailed guitar tones to professional grade mastering plug-ins, which add to the included 80+ effects library, providing you with a wide palette of choices. There are 15 new themes which give you the option of customising the look of your graphical interface to suit your tastes and needs. Punch Guard will ensure that no cutting off of the head or tail of a recording will happen accidentally, so to uncover any additional material simply requires an easy edge edit. Digital Performer 8 now offers 100% Cocoa UI support for Mac OSX. Full screen viewing can be used for film scoring with 720 or 1080 HD video clips. There is a streamlined in-line control panel which gives you easy access to all edit tools from a pop up, which saves valuable real estate on your screen. A new plug-in manager helps you keep everything organised and also streamlines the process of finding the plug-ins you require. Digital Performer 8 now also supports Rewire and VST plug-ins.
At the end of the day, Digital Performer 8 gives you all the tools that you need whether you are producing a song, doing a film score or mastering, all within a highly intuitive and customisable graphical user interface.
The MOTU Digital Performer 8 DAW Software features include:
- New features include cross platform support, native 64-bit operation, VST & Rewire support, new video engine, Punch Guard™, 17 new plug-ins, 15 new themes, in-line control panel, multi-format plug-in management
- Unlimited sequences, songs, V-racks, tracks, audio voices, undo history
- Maximum of 198 mono busses, 99 stereo busses, 20 sends per channel
- Audio engine resolution is 32-bit float
- File import includes DP files from previous versions, AudioDesk files, standard MIDI files, OMF interchange files, AAF interchange files, Final Cut Pro XML
- File export includes standard MIDI files, OMF interchange files, AAF interchange files, DP versions 3.1/4.1/4.5/4.6/5.1/5.12/6.0, AudioDesk version 1.0 & 2.0, Final Cut Pro XML
- Supported audio files are AIFF, WAV, Broadcast WAV, Sound Designer II, MP3, ACID, Apple Loops, REX, CAF, QuickTime movies, AVI, audio CD files, MuLaw files, 3G2, 3GP, AIFC, AAC, M4A, MP4
- Time formats include Measure time (measure/beat/tick), Real time (hrs:min:sec:hundredths), Frame time (hrs:min:sec:frames), Samples
- SMPTE time code formats supported are 30 non-drop, 30 drop, 29.97 non-drop, 29.97 drop, 25, 24, 23.976
- Audio bit depths includes 16-bit integer, 24-bit integer, 32-bit float
- Supported sample rates of 44.1 – 192kHz
- MIDI timing resolution (PPQ) support for 96 – 3840.0000
- Channel formats include mono, stereo, quad, LCRS, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, 10.2
- Plug-in formats supported are VST, AU and MAS
- Supports Win7 32/64-bit, Win 8 32/64-bit
- Supports Mac OSX 10.6.8 or later
- 2GB RAM required, 4GB recommended