Avid HD I/O 16x16 Digital Pro Tools HD Series Interface: Get the absolute highest audio quality and unprecedented I/O flexibility with HD I/O, a high-performance Pro Tools HD Series audio interface that’s designed to completely integrate with Pro Tools|HD systems.
While its sleek look resembles its prior generation interfaces, HD I/O has been completely redesigned on the inside with high-quality electronics, giving you pristine, best-in-class A/D and D/A conversion and the lowest possible latency. Plus, with three configurations to choose from and a modular design, you can expand and customise the interface for your connection needs.
Avid HD I/O 16x16 Digital Features:
- Pristine audio clarity and ultra low latency through state-of-the-art A/D and D/A conversion, premium analog circuitry, and meticulous attention to design
- Adapt the interface for your needs
- Get a balance of analog and digital I/O
- Versatile digital I/O on all interfaces, with built-in sample rate conversion
- Expand or customise the I/O with analog or digital option cards
- Completely integrates with Pro Tools|HD for full input, output, and routing control
- Track hotter signals and smooth out sounds with Curv, a new built-in soft-knee limiter
- Keep things in sync with dedicated Word Clock and Loop Sync I/O
- Keep an eye on your levels easily through 32 4-segment metering LEDs
- Robust 2U rack-mountable chassis
- Connects to Pro Tools|HD through a DigiLink Mini connection (cable and adaptor included)
The Connections You Need - Now and Later: The HD I/O 16x16 Digital is the ultimate choice for post-production studios, and ideal if you need to interface with a digital mixer, dubber, or other digital infrastructure, and want the option to expand the I/O.
- Versatile digital I/O:
- 16 channels of AES/EBU I/O (supports 192 kHz single-wire and dual-wire)
- 16 channels of TDIF I/O
- 16 channels of ADAT I/O (supports S/MUX II and IV)
- Additional digital I/O:
- 2 channels of AES/EBU I/O (supports 192 kHz single-wire)
- 2 channels of S/PDIF I/O
- 8 channels of ADAT I/O (supports S/MUX II and IV)
- Two empty bays for I/O expansion
The Ultimate in Interface Flexibility: As your needs grow or change, you can easily add more analog inputs, analog outputs, or digital I/O by installing an option card. You can install two option cards in HD I/O 16x16 Digital.
Work with Pro Tools and More: HD I/O and all other Pro Tools HD Series interfaces completely integrate with Pro Tools|HD, so you get maximum performance, dependability, and control of your inputs, outputs, and routing right from your Pro Tools software interface. You’ll also get higher production quality and greater workflow flexibility than with previous Pro Tools interfaces. And if you want to use your interface with Pro Tools|HD and other DAW software, you can do that too, as all Pro Tools|HD systems support Core Audio and ASIO drivers.