Behringer AMP800 MINIAMP Ultra-Compact Stereo Headphone Amplifier
Manufacturer Part No: 000-331
Price excludes VAT
available at short notice
AMP800 MINIAMP Ultra-Compact Stereo Headphone Amplifier description:
Get this ultra-compact but ultra-flexible headphone amplifier system, and you will absolutely love it! It boasts 4 totally independent stereo high-power amplifier sections. The highest sonic quality with virtually all types of headphones is assured even at maximum volume levels. You can use the phones level control plus the accurate 6-digit LED output meter per channel for easy level monitoring. There are 2 balanced stereo main inputs with independent Level and Balance controls for individual mixes, selectable for all 4 headphone amplifiers. An accurate 6-digit LED main input meter is provided for precise level indication of both line inputs. Dual headphone outputs on each channel on front and rear panel allow for connecting a total of 8 headphones at the same time. A parallel Link Output enables cascading several headphone amplifiers. Long-term reliability is guaranteed with the high-quality potentiometers and illuminated switches, and our ultra low-noise audio operational amplifiers offer outstanding sound performance. In addition, all Mini Series models can be stacked on top of each other to create an ultra-compact signal processing solution.
Behringer AMP800 Features:
- Ultra-compact 9.5in headphone amplifier system for studio and stage applications
- 4 totally independent stereo high-power amplifier sections
- Highest sonic quality with virtually all types of headphones even at maximum volume
- Phones Level control plus accurate 6-digit LED output meter per channel for easy level monitoring
- 2 balanced stereo main inputs with independent Level and Balance controls for individual mixes, selectable for all 4 headphone amplifiers
- Accurate 6-digit LED main input meter for precise level indication of both line inputs
- Dual headphone outputs on each channel on front and rear panels allow a total of 8 headphones to be connected at the same time
- Parallel Link Output allows cascading of several headphone amplifiers
- High-quality potentiometers and illuminated switches for long-term reliability
- Ultra low-noise audio operational amplifiers offer outstanding sound performance
- All Mini Series models can be stacked on top of each other to create an ultra-compact signal processor solution
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
This page first created on: 25/07/2007
Not the cleanest Headphones Amp on the market. Built Quality also is not the greatest. However for a 4 channels headphones amp the price is almost unbeatable.
It's ideal for small studios and and sound engineers who need a cheap but versatile setup to provide cue mixes to musicians when tracking, especially for limited and portable rigs as the unit is very light and even if the built quality is not the greatest I think it can take a beating or 2 (I have not tested this though, nor I plan to).
It's not really suitable for critical monitoring during mixing/mastering and for those tasks I much prefer the headphones output of my RME Fireface 800 as it's much cleaner and defined.
The unit has an external power supply with has a EU plug not a UK one so you'll need to have an adaptor, there's nothing worse than going to a session and realising you forgot the (insert expletive of your choosing) adaptor. Also the power supply is a classic AC/AC 9V 750mA similar in built to cheap product for stomp boxes that gets easily kicked around and therefore it will need to be repaired/ replaced quite a few times during the lifespan of the unit.
Lastly the unit lacks brackets to mount it on a 19 rack so if you're looking for that characteristic look elsewhere.
This customer purchased the product in April 2016
Verified Product Owner
Purchased to combine with a Zoom R24 recorder to provide a portable band recording solution.
Pros Cheap, eight headphone outputs, small and lightweight,
Cons The plastic case and knobs do not feel particularly robust. Supplied with a PSU designed for continental Europe so requires an adapter for use in UK. (As my purchase was from a UK based supplier this is less than impressive!)
In home studio this works very well, with more than sufficient output volume. Reproduction is clear but does distort towards maximum volume (with full output from the source device). Not a problem, because exposure to such levels would probably result in permanent hearing damage in a short space of time. For the same reason, I am not sure if the LEDS are of great use; ears will be bleeding long before red lights up! I have yet to test the AMP800 in a band situation. I suspect it will survive a great deal of rough handling, but so long as reasonable care is exercised it should be fine.
This customer purchased the product in September 2017