The Behringer S32 Digital Stage Box closes the gap between the onstage talent, front of house and the rest of the world. This ultra-affordable digital stage box features 32 MIDAS-designed remote-controllable mic preamps, and 16 balanced analogue XLR returns at the stage end, which is all connected via a single Cat-5e cable.
The S32 was first designed to be an extension to the Behringer's X32 digital mixing console, but any mixing desk with MADI, Dante, ADAT or AES50 I/O networking capability can still connect directly into the S32’s powerful feature set. Combining the S32 with a mixer creates a powerful combination for remote-controlled digital mixing, all in a neat compact size. Whilst a mixer can be used to run an independent monitor mix, it also can relay and share all I/O with the front of house.
The S32 features something called ULTRANET, a revolutionary technology that can seamlessly transmit up to 16 independent channels of 24-bit digital audio and control data via a single Cat 5e cable between compatible digital devices. Using this, compared to traditional analogue methods, ensures that all audio signals are impervious to radio frequency interference. As well as this, ULTRANET also ensures that signal crosstalk is eliminated, and ease of use translates directly into a significant amount of time saved during show setup or installation.
The S32's high-capacity, ultra-low latency digital interconnectivity is possible via KLARK TEKNIK's SuperMAC (AES50-Compliant). Engineers at KLARK TEKNIK have worked hand-in-hand with Behringer to ensure the S32 meets, or exceeds, the requirements of live entertainers and their professional audio engineers.
The S32 is an extremely versatile 32 x 16 digital stage box that is capable of doing many amazing things. And all this comes at a price anyone can afford. It's built to be road ready and the compact housing only takes up three rack spaces, and connects to the front of house over a single inexpensive Cat 5e cable.
The main features of the Behringer S32 Digital Stage Box include:
- 32 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 16 analogue, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- Two AES-3 ports (AES/EBU), e.g. for directly connecting PA system controllers with digital inputs
- Up to 100 m networking capability via CAT-5e cable (not included)
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading S32 units—no merger or router required
- Dual ADAT outputs for use in splitter mode and stand-alone digital multicore applications
- MIDI In/Out for bi-directional communication between FOH console and on-stage MIDI devices
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- “Planet Earth” switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- Rugged yet compact, all-steel 3U rack-mount chassis
- Mute-All-Inputs function for quietly patching any inputs on stage
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany