Korg KDM2 is a Digital Metronome with a cylindrical resonator speaker, providing powerful sound.
Even loud instruments won’t overpower the Korg KDM2. It gives you a choice of 3 different PCM sounds (cowbell/agogo/clave) for the beat, so you can choose the sound that compliments the instrument you're playing. The volume can also be adjusted to the most appropriate level. Since there's a PHONE jack, you can connect a mini-plug (1/8") earphone for private practice.
From basic beats to variations like son clave and rumba clave, the KDM-2 contains a total of 19 beat patterns. You can set the tempo in any of three ways.
Sound Out mode outputs a reference tone that you can use as a tuning guide. You can listen to any of the twelve pitches from C4 - B4. You can also adjust the A4 frequency (calibration) in a broad range from 410 Hz to 480 Hz.
The KDM-2 provides a memory backup function that remembers the specified tempo, beat, calibration, and reference pitch even when the power is turned off.
Korg KDM2 main features include:
- Cylindrical resonator speaker provides powerful sound
- An LED provides visual confirmation of the tempo
- Newly added beat variations range from basic to sophisticated rhythms like son clave and rumba clave
- A total of 19 beat patterns cover your practicing needs in numerous musical styles.
- Tap Tempo function makes it easy to set the tempo.
- An audible Reference tone in a range of C4?B4 is available, allowing you to tune your instrument.
- An encoder-type TEMPO/CALIB dial and switch provide direct access to the desired setting or function.
- A large LCD screen makes settings easy to see
- Long battery life, with approximately 120 hours of continuous use