The JoeCo Black Box Recorder BBR1B is a 24 Multi-Channel Recorder captures live performance audio.
The BBR1B Black Box Recorder has Balanced D-type IO, which allows you to capture audio through a mixing console.
The Black Recorder can also be used for film, TV and broadcast applications including support for 23.98fps time code, 9-pin support
for edit controllers, and iXML support.
The Black Box BBR1B Recorder can record 24 channels of audio at 24Bit/96kHz in Broadcast WAV format (BWAV).
To record more channels, simply connect multiple units together. All audio is recorded onto a removable USB flash dirve
(FAT 32 formatted), so you can import the audio quickly into your MAC/PC DAW for mixing and editing.
The JoeCo BBR1B is east to use which a clear front panel, menu-driven user interface and touch-sensitive controls.
TA foot switch can also be connected for hands-free operation. The Black Box Recorder is industry standard, with
time-saving features, virtual soundchecking, disk drive formatting and much more. Also shortcuts are provided for
fast navigating menu options and transport controls.
The BBR1B loops the inputs directly to the outputs via relays when in record or stop so that even a power failure
on the BBR cannot affect the audio through the PA.
High quality balancing receivers and transmitters and has been designed specifically for the BLACKBOX RECORDER to be fully transparent.
In an event of power loss the Black Box Recorder features a "Safe 'n' Sound" function, so your audio files can be recovered.
The main features of the BBR1B Black Box Recorder includes:
- Balanced i/o via 6 x 25way D-sub connectors.
- Lower row – inputs
- Upper row – outputs
- TASCAM analogue format, cable looms not supplied
- No loop through outputs.
- Sample Rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- Bit depths: 16bit; 24bit
- Disk interface: USB2
- Format: FAT32
- File type: Broadcast WAV (BWAV)
- Media: USB2 hard disk, USB2 flash drive, SHDC (with suitable adapter)
- Monitoring: 1 x 1/4” TRS jack socket, headphone mix/solo
- Physical: 19” rack mounted 1U
- MIDI: 1 x 5-pin DIN (open loop) – MIDI time code (MTC) and MIDI machine control (MMC) protocol
- LTC: 1 x 1/4” TRS jack socket: Frame rates supported: 30fps, 29.97drop fps, 29.97non-drop fps, 25fps, 24fps, 23.98fps
- Machine control: 1 x 9-pin D, SONY PII protocol
- Audio clock synchronisation: 2 x RCA sockets AES3 / SPDIF Format, also used for communications to slave units
- Footswitch: momentary switch on ring of LTC TRS socket
- Keyboard: 1 x mini DIN PS2 connector, Standard 102 key
- Power: 9v – 16V dc (< 25W). 2.1mm dc inlet. PSU supplied
- Analogue Inputs/Outputs: Levels: -10dBu / +4dBu switchable / Max input level: +22dBu = 0dBFS / A-D conversion: 24bit, 96kHz 106dB S/N, 96dB THD+N (typical A-weighted)
- Dimensions: 425mm x 150mm x 44mm
- Weight: < 2.4kg