The Antelope Audio Orion Studio Thunderbolt is a rack mountable 32 channel Thunderbolt audio interface featuring 12 ultra clear mic pres and top of the range AD/DA converters. It is also further enhanced by a DSP engine that allows guitars to be recorded directly to an extremely high quality.
Orion Studio’s conversion is empowered by Antelope’s acclaimed 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) jitter management technology. The multiple zero-latency mixers with onboard DSP effects turn Orion Studio into a centerpiece for any studio or live show environment.
With 32 channels via ThunderboltTM and 24 on USB, Orion Studio allows for fast and ultra-low latency connection either with Mac or PC, and therefore with any DAW in your home or commercial studio. The variety of digital and analog I/O together with the flexible routing matrix provide amazing functionality and easy interconnection among various outboard gear. Orion Studio offers two pairs of monitoring outputs, 16 analog outs, 2 reamp outputs, as well as 16 channels I/O via ADAT and 2 channels I/O via S/PDIF.
Orion Studio uses Antelope’s battle-tested DSP, based on a custom FPGA with massive parallel processing capabilities. Orion Studio’s DSP chip is eight times more powerful than the ones in similar devices due to the proprietary FPGA. This allows fast and easy simultaneous processing of multiple effects such as EQ, compressor and reverb, enhancing the workflow like no other device on the market. The instant application of the effects to the various mixers provides zero-latency monitoring of the processed signal both to the producer and the artists.
Orion Studio is fully controllable using a user-friendly desktop application with color-coded signal routing. The applet is compatible with both Windows and OS X. Utilizing the control panel, the engineer can create up to four independent, zero-latency mixes assignable to any outputs, including the two independent headphone outputs and the two pairs of monitor outputs. In addition to the extreme flexibility the control panel provides the handy option of storing up to 5 presets for fast recall of the most common recording or mixing scenarios.
The flexibility of digital signal processing is attracting more and more guitarists on their search for the 'perfect tone' – both in studio and live settings. Sadly, inferior interfaces and poorly written DSP algorithms are often an obstacle to the desired perfection. The collaboration between Antelope Audio and Overloud Audio Tools brings leading guitar effects together with our powerful DSP engine, pristine conversion and clocking technologies. Our new solution for guitarists ensures the preservation of their authentic tone throughout both recording and playback.
Orion Studio offers a variety of vintage and contemporary guitar amp & cab simulations. It brings precision and audio realism to a whole new level, allowing the artist to experiment with multiple speaker configurations, mic placement and EQ settings. The Overload and Antelope partnership helps you capture the true sound of legendary guitar amps thanks to a unique sampling technique and modeling algorithms, designed to work in a synergy with Antelope's battle-tested hardware.
The main features of the Antelope Audio Orion Studio Thunderbolt Exciter include:
- Antelope Audio precise AD/DA conversion technology
- 32 channels at 192 kHz I/O via ThunderboltTM
- 24 channels at 192 kHz I/O via USB
- 12 Class A mic preamps, with phantom power
- 8 mic/line inputs
- 4 mic/line/instrument inputs
- Talkback functionality
- 2 Re-Amp Outputs
- Inserts over TRS
- 2 Independently assignable headphone outputs
- 2 Pairs of Monitor Outs on TRS
- 2 DSUB-25 connectors
- 16 channels I/O via Fiber Optic ADAT
- 2 channels I/O via S/PDIF
- Antelope's renowned 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking Technology
- Antelope's proprietary Oven Controlled Oscillator for supreme clocking stability
- 1 Word Clock Output, 1 Word Clock Input
- Five presets for fast and easy recall of favorite setups
- 1U rack size device consuming only 25 Watts keeping the heat low
- A user friendly desktop application available for both Windows and OS X
- Ergonomic software control panel
- Extremely flexible routing and mixing capabilities
- Massive parallel DSP and effects processing