The Apogee Duet is a professional stereo audio interface for iPad and Mac, and is part of the series of Apogee interfaces eligible to claim Wave plugin discounts between April 1st, 2016 and March 27th, 2018. For more information regarding this offer visit the Apogee site here.
Synonymous with quality, and portability the Apogee Duet has been re-born with added iOS device connectivity for use with iPhone, iPod and iPad without the need for a camera connection kit. Featuring stereo mic/line inputs with world class mic preamps, stereo balanced outputs, MIDI I/O and a headphone amp, the Apogee Duet is everything needed to create simple but professional recordings whether in the studio or on the road.
The Duet’s pre-amps are ultra-low noise, capturing every subtle nuance of a dynamic performance. With 75dB of gain on tap, there’s enough to run even the lowest output dynamic microphones. Apogee have made no compromises for this small footprint unit as under the hood are the same legendary, high end converters found in Apogee’s top level interfaces. Aside from connecting digitally directly into an iOS device, the Duet still retains the USB 2.0 connection for recording to an Apple Mac computer.
The main features of the Duet iPad and Mac Include:
- Direct digital connection to iPod touch, iPhone, iPad
- Works with new iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini
- Apple’s Lighting to 30-pin adapter required - (Sold separately)
- Works with GarageBand, Auria, MultiTrack; Any Core Audio compatible app on iOS
- Works with GarageBand, Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton; Any Core Audio compatible app on Mac
- Low latency monitoring, complete input/output control with Apogee’s Maestro software (iOS & Mac)
- MIDI input/output (USB-A type connector)
- DC power supplies charge to iPod touch, iPhone or iPad
- USB 2.0 audio with 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A conversion
- 2 Analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power
- 2 Balanced analog line outputs
- 1 Independent 1/4” stereo headphone output
- Legendary Apogee sound quality
- Designed in California - Made in the U.S.A.