Avid Pro Tools HDX1 & HD I/O 16x16 Digital System is an integrated hardware and software Pro Tools system for music, audio and post production. This Pro Tools|HDX Bundle features a single HDX PCIe DSP and I/O card, plus an HD I/O 16x16 Digital audio interface.
Pro Tools|HDX combines all the advantages of Pro Tools HD with the flexibility and versatility of native-based technology. This combination delivers consistent and increased performance, regardless of CPU load. At the heart of Pro Tools HDX is the core and processing card, this takes care of all interfacing and DSP duties. Users can currently install up to 3 cards per machine, allowing up to 192 channels of I/O (across 12 interfaces). Unlike Pro Tools HD, there is no separate core or process card; these tasks have been combined into a single HDX card.
Each Pro Tools HDX card has up to 5 times more DSP acceleration; 4x the voices; 4x the delay compensation; 1,000dB of additional plug-in processing headroom; double the channels; and near-zero latency (about 0.7ms regardless of buffer setting) than a single HD card.
Pro Tools HDX also sees the introduction of a new plug-in format called AAX. Designed from the ground up and 64-bit ready, AAX plug-ins feature both DSP and native code in a single entity, and are available for both DSP-accelerated and native configurations.
The feature-rich HD 10 software takes advantage of your 64-bit OS’ ability to access large amounts of memory, allowing users to load entire projects into RAM, for instantaneous cached playback. Pro Tools 10 also features an improved disk scheduler which, allows Pro Tools to get the maximum amount of performance when using network attached storage (NAS).
Avid Pro Tools HDX allows users to create bigger and better projects, faster - a gigantic leap in sound and speed.
This software requires an iLok Software Authorisation Device (included).
The main features of Pro Tools HDX1 & HD I/O 16x16 Digital System include:
- Single HDX PCIe core and i/o card
- HD I/O 16x16 Digital audio interface
- Pro Tools HD 10
- Unleash your creativity with up to 5x more power per card than Pro Tools|HD Accel.
- Mix bigger, better mixes faster with 256 tracks (up to 768) and double the I/O per card, plus 4x more ADC.
- Get higher resolution sound and more headroom with the floating point architecture.
- Compose, record, sequence, edit, and mix with the award-winning Pro Tools HD software toolset.
- Capture and reproduce audio with pristine clarity using Pro Tools HD Series interfaces.
- Get a highly responsive feel – even in the most complex projects – with RAM-cached record/playback and real-time fades.
- Work faster with pro-level tools, including Clip Gain, advanced audio and automation, video editing, surround sound, and more.
- Get the renowned sound of System 5 console EQ and dynamics with the Channel Strip plug-in.
- Increase your power and track counts by simply adding additional cards.
- Supports the AAX plug-in format for better workflows and sound parity with native systems.
- What’s included: Pro Tools|HDX PCIe card; Pro Tools HD activation card; User guides; iLok USB Smart Key (for software authorization); Registration card; 12-foot DigiLink Mini cable and Pro Tools HD Series Interface.
- Protection: iLok USB Smart Key
- System Requirements: Apple Mac Pro (Nehalem/Westmere models only), Mac OS X Lion (32 or 64-bit), 4 GB of RAM (4 GB or more recommended), Minimum 15 GB free hard disk space for Pro Tools installation, USB port for iLok authorization (plus, Internet connection for software download). Avid-qualified PC (recommended), Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate (32 or 64-bit). Pro Tools 10.2 and above is required to use Pro Tools HDX on windows 7.