The Avid Pro Tools Duet is a USB Audio Interface, and includes a Pro Tools Software Activation Card. Designed for singer/songwriters and loop-based musicians, Pro Tools | Duet enables you to turn your Mac or PC into a powerful yet portable music creation and audio recording studio. Featuring industry-standard Pro Tools | Software and the best-in-class Duet by Apogee 2x4 audio interface, Pro Tools | Duet provides everything you need to create professional-level productions that will help you stand out from the crowd—from first note to final mix.
Pro Tools | Duet gives you the best of both worlds—multi award-winning Pro Tools | Software, used and trusted by just about every top artist, musician, producer, mixer, sound designer, recording studio, and post-production facility around the world, and the legendary sound of the Duet by Apogee audio interface. With Pro Tools | Duet, you get a comprehensive and truly portable music recording and creation system that delivers exceptional performance, quality, and value—in your studio and on the go.
Pro Tools | Software is the long-time industry-standard digital audio workstation in music, film, and television, and has been honoured by the industry with Grammy, Oscar, and Emmy awards. With Pro Tools, you can work with the same tools the pros use to create your favourite songs and soundtracks—with unparalleled speed and ease.
The ultra-compact, best-in-class Pro Tools | Duet USB audio interface features cutting-edge technology that delivers a difference you can hear. From its state-of-the-art A/D and D/A conversion and world-class mic preamps, to professional-level I/O, you get the legendary sound quality you need to deliver the best mixes possible.
Pro Tools | Duet comes complete with over 60 AAX virtual instruments, effects, sound-processing, and utility plug-ins, giving you an expansive sonic canvas and boundless resources to create music and the best sounding mixes. Plus, you can expand your creative palette even more with over 1,000 64-bit AAX virtual instruments and effects plug-ins available from Avid and more than 100 other top audio developers.
With the included EUCON-enabled Pro Tools IO Control software, you can take direct control of your recording and monitoring experience through the software control panel, from the Pro Tools | Duet audio interface, or using any Artist Series controller. Plus, you’ll also experience the same tight integration between Pro Tools | Software and Pro Tools | Duet as you would with any Avid audio interface.
Pro Tools | Duet is solidly built with die-cast aluminium, steel, and a scratch-resistant display panel hardened by UV processing, providing a sleek yet robust chassis for added protection against daily abuse and the unpredictability of travel. Plus, its compact size makes it an easy fit in any desktop studio environment, or tuck it into your bag or backpack for on-the-go creation.
Apogee helped pioneer the digital recording revolution, pushing the envelope of digital audio quality with its legendary AD/DA conversion. And now that Apogee has come onboard as an audio I/O Connectivity Partner, you’ll have even more product choices that complement and integrate with Pro Tools and other Artist Suite solutions, delivering on the Avid Everywhere vision. With the simplified and connected experience the Avid MediaCentral platform brings, you can choose how you want to work, overcome challenges more quickly, and gain the edge you need to stand out in today's competitive industry.
The main features of the Avid Pro Tools Duet include:
- High-speed USB 2.0 – For connecting to a Mac or Windows-based computer
- MIDI I/O (USB-A type connector) – For connecting a CoreMIDI-compatible keyboard, synth, or DJ controller
- Max audio resolution 24-bit/192 kHz
- A/D conversion
- Max input level (+4 dBu ref): +20 dBu
- Max input level (-10 dBV ref): +6 dBV
- Input impedance: 5K Ohm
- Frequency response (20 Hz–20 kHz): > +/-0.2 dB @ 44.1 kHz
- Relative THD + N: -106 dB @ 96 kHz
- Dynamic range: 114 dB, A-weighted
- Max output level (+4 dBu ref): +20 dBu
- Max output level (-10 dBV ref): +6 dBV
- Line output impedance: 90 Ohm
- Max headphone level output: 19 dBu
- HPH output impedance: 30 Ohm
- Frequency response (20 Hz–20 kHz): > +/- 0.05 dB @ 44.1 kHz
- Relative THD + N: -113 dB @ 96 kHz
- Dynamic range: 123 dB, A-weighted
- Phantom power: 48V, selectable on analog inputs
- Soft Limit: Selectable on analogue inputs
- Phase invert: Selectable on analogue inputs
- Low-latency monitoring: Complete input/output control with Pro Tools IO Control software (works on Mac and Windows)
- Control knob: Multifunction controller enables you to select functions and set input and output levels
- Meter display: Full colour, high-resolution OLED display for viewing input and output levels and settings
- Two configurable top-panel touchpads enable you to: Mute speakers, headphones, or all outputs; Dim speakers, headphones, or all outputs; Sum to mono speakers, headphones, or all outputs; Assign headphones to outputs 1-2, 3-4, or low-latency mixer; Clear meters
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 4 x 6.3 x 1.5 in (10.2 x 16 x 3.8 cm)
- Weight: 1.1 lb (0.5 kg)
- Power: USB bus-powered on Mac; DC power supply included for PC use