The Avid Pro Tools Quartet is a USB Audio Interface, and includes a Pro Tools Software Activation Card. For musicians, engineers, producers, sound designers, and audio post professionals who demand a complete audio/MIDI creative solution, Pro Tools | Quartet enables you to turn your Mac or PC into a high-performance yet portable music and audio production studio. Featuring industry-standard Pro Tools | Software and the best-in-class Quartet by Apogee 12x8 audio interface, Pro Tools | Quartet provides everything you need to create professional-level productions that will help you stand out from the crowd—from first note to final mix.
Pro Tools | Quartet gives you the best of both worlds—multi award-winning Pro Tools | Software, used and trusted by just about every top artist, musician, producer, engineer, mixer, sound designer, recording studio, and post-production facility around the world, and the legendary sound of the Quartet by Apogee audio interface. With Pro Tools | Quartet, you get a comprehensive yet compact music and audio production system that delivers exceptional performance, quality, and value—in your studio and on the go.
Pro Tools | Software is the long-time industry-standard digital audio workstation in music, film, and television, and has been honoured by the industry with Grammy, Oscar, and Emmy awards. With Pro Tools, you can work with the same tools the pros use to create your favourite songs and soundtracks—with unparalleled speed and ease.
The multichannel, best-in-class Pro Tools | Quartet USB desktop audio interface features cutting-edge technology that delivers a difference you can hear. From its state-of-the-art A/D and D/A conversion and world-class mic preamps, to professional-level I/O, you get the legendary sound quality you need to deliver the best mixes possible.
Pro Tools | Quartet comes complete with over 60 AAX virtual instruments, effects, sound-processing, and utility plug-ins, giving you an expansive sonic canvas and boundless resources to create music, sound effects, and deliver song and soundtrack mixes in the highest quality. Plus, you can expand your creative palette even more with over 1,000 64-bit AAX virtual instruments and effects plug-ins available from Avid and more than 100 other top audio developers.
Pro Tools | Quartet is more than just an audio interface—it’s also an efficient interface controller. With the included EUCON-enabled Pro Tools IO Control software, you can take direct control of your recording and monitoring experience through the software control panel, from the Quartet audio interface, or using any Artist Series controller. Plus, you’ll also experience the same tight integration between Pro Tools | Software and Pro Tools | Quartet as you would with any Avid audio interface.
Pro Tools | Quartet is solidly built with die-cast aluminium, steel, and a scratch-resistant display panel hardened by UV processing, providing a sleek yet robust chassis for added protection against daily abuse and the unpredictability of travel. Plus, its compact size makes it an easy fit in any desktop studio environment, or tuck it into your bag or backpack for on-the-go creation.
Apogee helped pioneer the digital recording revolution, pushing the envelope of digital audio quality with its legendary AD/DA conversion. And now that Apogee has come on-board as an audio I/O Connectivity Partner, you’ll have even more product choices that complement and integrate with Pro Tools and other Artist Suite solutions, delivering on the Avid Everywhere vision. With the simplified and connected experience the Avid MediaCentral platform brings, you can choose how you want to work, overcome challenges more quickly, and gain the edge you need to stand out in today's competitive industry.
The main features of the Avid Pro Tools Quartet include:
- Connections: High-speed USB 2.0—For connecting to a Mac or Windows-based computer; MIDI I/O (USB-A type connector)—For connecting a CoreMIDI-compatible keyboard, synth, or DJ controller
- Max audio resolution: 24-bit/192 kHz
- Max input level (+4 dBu ref): +20 dBu
- Max input level (-10 dBV ref): +6 dBV
- Input impedance: 5K Ohm
- Frequency response (20 Hz–20 kHz): > +/-0.2 dB @ 44.1 kHz
- Relative THD + N: -106 dB @ 96 kHz
- Dynamic range: 114 dB, A-weighted
- Max output level (+4 dBu ref): +20 dBu
- Max output level (-10 dBV ref): +6 dBV
- Line output impedance: 90 Ohm
- Max headphone level output: 19 dBu
- HPH output impedance: 30 Ohm
- Frequency response (20 Hz–20 kHz): > +/- 0.05 dB @ 44.1 kHz
- Relative THD + N: -113 dB @ 96 kHz
- Dynamic range: 123 dB, A-weighted
- Phantom power: 48V, selectable on analogue inputs
- Soft Limit: Selectable on analogue inputs
- Phase invert: Selectable on analogue inputs
- Low-latency monitoring: Complete input/output control with Pro Tools IO Control software (works on Mac and Windows)
- Control knob: Controller knob enables you to set input and output levels
- Meter display: Two full colour, high-resolution OLED displays for viewing input and output levels and settings
- Three configurable touchpads enable you to: Mute outputs; Dim outputs; Sum to mono; Clear meters; Engage speaker set (enables monitoring of up to three speaker sets or 5.1 surround)
- Six QuickTouch pads for selecting inputs and outputs
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 10.2 x 5.3 x 3 in (25.9 x 13.5 x 7.6 cm)
- Weight: 3.1 lb (1.4 kg)
- Power: DC power supply required (included)