The Celemony Melodyne Studio 4 Audio Editing Software offers you all Melodyne functions for both correction and creative applications on an unlimited number of tracks. You can edit the sound and musical content of your recordings in such an intuitive manner or make such far-reaching changes with no other audio tool.
This constitutes the most extensive update to the entire product family in the company’s history, with the emphasis on Melodyne 4 studio.
Highlights include the Sound Editor with its totally new sound design possibilities, DNA Direct Note Access – at last, on an unlimited number of tracks – and ultra-accurate tempo detection. Furthermore, Melodyne 4 studio now also runs directly as a plug-in within your DAW – also, naturally, in 64-bit resolution. The smaller Melodyne editions – editor, assistant and essential – have also been enhanced.
With the full set of tools, you can edit your notes in more detail, with greater musical sensitivity.
Modify not only the pitch but also the vibrato, pitch drift and transitions between notes. Edit the timing with greater precision, colour the sound through formant shifting, and control the volume of every note. Melodyne power could do your recordings a world of good.
You can also use Melodyne for polyphonic recordings.
Thanks to Celemony’s patented DNA Direct Note Access technology, with Melodyne 4 you can edit not only vocals and monophonic instruments but also polyphonic ones like pianos and guitars – right down to the individual notes within chords. Turn major into minor, a quiet third into a loud one, chords into arpeggios. Explore hitherto unknown avenues for creativity.
Melodyne 4’s new tempo algorithms detect tempos, time signatures and any changes in tempo more accurately than ever before.
Melodyne 4 tracks precisely the tempo of a live recording, with all its human inconstancy. The ensuing click keeps time with the musicians, not the other way around. And still, you enjoy all the practical benefits of a beat-based grid when working in your DAW.
Furthermore, you can curb excessive wandering in tempo without ironing-out the minor fluctuations that lend charm to a live performance. You can also synchronize recordings with quite different tempos or variations in tempo.
Melodyne 4 makes working with tempo dead simple, letting you work with greater freedom, in new ways.
The ability to export Melodyne notes as MIDI offers a wealth of creative and practical possibilities.
Replace or double vocal lines in your DAW with synthesizers, acoustic drums with electronic sounds, or guitars with pad sounds. Use the grooves of your acoustic drums on MIDI tracks or take advantage of your DAW’s notation functions. Combining audio and MIDI files offers numerous creative possibilities.
Melodyne 4 allows you to work with whatever scales and tunings you like, including exotic or experimental ones.
Unusual scale structures and irregular tuning are often important musical parameters that ought not to be ironed out. For this reason, Melodyne 4 supports every conceivable scale or tuning system, allowing you to handle the nuances of each musical genre with sensitivity.
You can also define and edit scales and tuning systems, as well as analyze those found in existing audio material.
Melodyne 4’s just intonation adds transparency and penetration to the sound.
Whether you’re working on an orchestral, choral or synthesizer recording, you’ll find justly tuned chords sound smoother and more powerful. Give your production the benefit of this unique acoustic impression.
The main features of the Celemony Melodyne Studio 4 Audio Editing Software include:
- Full ‘Studio’ Software package
- Grammy Award-winning Melodyne technology
- All the Melodyne algorithms including DNA Direct Note Access
- The full Melodyne toolkit
- Unlimited tracks with Multitrack Note Editing
- The Sound Editor with its unique capabilities
- Macros for pitch- and timing-correction as well as quantization
- Precise tempo-detection and -editing
- Comprehensive functions for working with scales, tuning and temperaments
- Audio-to-MIDI export
- Fully compatible: VST, AU, RTAS, AAX, ARA, Rewire
- OS X and Windows, 32/64 Bit
- Current version 4
- Internet access is required to register.
- iLok: If you wish to use an iLok, for Melodyne 4 you will need an iLok2. First generation iLoks are no longer supported.
- Intel Dual Core processor (Quad Core or better recommended), 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended), OS X 10.6.8 and 10.9.5 or later
- Intel or AMD Dual Core processor (Quad Core or better recommended), 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended), Windows 7 or later (64-bit recommended), ASIO-compatible audio hardware