The Focusrite Beginners Home Studio Recording Bundle is a bundle that consists of a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio Interface, a Fame CM1 Microphone, a Music Store MIC 5 Standard Microphone Boom Stand, Fame DT 790 Studio Headphones, and a 3m Music Store Platinum XLR Microphone Cable.
The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio Interface is a USB audio interface designed for the mobile musician. The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is fitted with award-winning technology, built around the popular Scarlett 8i6. The result is a more portable and affordable audio interface for home and project studios. The Scarlett 2i2 from Focusrite is a 2 In / 2 Out Interface fitted with highly regarded Focusrite preamps providing low distortion and routing high quality audio to and from your MAC or PC.
The Scarlett 2i2 has a striking contemporary look, with a tough red anodized aluminium housing. Powered by USB the 2i2 USB interface makes it easy and simple to setup. Similar to the Scarlett 8i6 the 2i2 controls have been simplified, with colourful LED rings around the Gain controls to indicate input (green) and overload (red).
The Scarlett 2i2 makes it easy to connect microphones, musical instruments or line level audio signals to you computer running Mac OS or Windows. Included with the Scarlett 2i2 is the Scarlett Plug-in Suite. Inspired by the famous Focusrite Red range and the classic ISA console modules, these tailored plug-ins provide Compression, Gating, EQ, and Reverb for tracking and mixing.
Also included is the Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite DAW music software so can start making and recording music straight away. The Focusrite Scarlett interface is perfect for budding/first time producers and musicians who want studio-grade quality at an affordable price.
The main features of the Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio Interface include:
- Inputs 1 & 2: Neutrik Combo input sockets - Connect microphones, instruments (e.g., guitar) or line level signals via XLR or 1/4" (6.35 mm) jacks as appropriate
- Gain 01 and Gain 02: Adjust the input gain for input signals on inputs 1 and 2 respectively. The gain controls have concentric bi-colour LED ‘rings’ to confirm signal level: green indicates an input level of at least -24 dBFS (i.e., ‘signal present’), the ring then turns red when signal level reaches 0 dBFS
- 48V phantom power switch for mic inputs: Enables +48 V phantom power at the XLR contacts of both Combo connectors
- LINE/INST: Line / Instrument level switches for each input – switches gain to suit instrument or line level signals
- MONITOR: Main monitor output level control - sets the output level at the main (rear panel) outputs 1 & 2
- USB LED: Illuminates when the unit receives USB bus power and is recognised by the host computer
- Headphone level: Adjusts the output level at the front panel stereo headphone output
- Headphone socket: 1/4" TRS output jack - connect your stereo headphones here
- Kensington security lock: Secure your Scarlett 2i2 to a suitable structure if desired
- USB 2.0 port: Type B connector; connect to your computer with cable supplied
- Line outputs: 2 x 1/4" (6.35 mm) TRS jack sockets; +4 dBu output level
- A-D dynamic range: 105 dB ‘A-weighted’ (all inputs). Converter chipset A-D dynamic range 114 dB
- D-A dynamic range: Range 104 dB ‘A-weighted’ (all outputs). Converter chipset D-A dynamic range 114 dB
- Supported sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz and 96 kHz
- THD+N: 0.002% (minimum gain, -1 dBFS input with 20 Hz - 22 kHz filter)
- Mic 1 and 2 Input impedance: 2 kOhm
- Line Input impedance: 10 kOhm
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 175 mm x 45 mm x 100 mm
- Weight: 0.5 kg
The Fame Studio CM1 Studio Condenser Microphone is a high quality entry-level condenser microphone that performs fantastically for its price bracket. Aimed at the beginner or the home recording enthusiast, the Fame CM1 will deliver great results.
The main features of the Fame Studio CM1 Studio Condenser Microphone include:
- Large diaphragm microphone
- Cardioid pattern
- Frequency range of 20Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity of 14mV / Pa - 0dB = 1V/Pa
- Impedance of 200 ohms
- Self-noise of 24dB (A-weighted)
- Elastic shockmount and pouch included
The Music Store MIC 5 Standard Microphone Boom Stand Black is a sturdy and extremely portable microphone stand ideal for studio and live use. The Music Store MIC 1 Stand has an adjustable height of 960 to 1450mm and can be used to hold dynamic and condenser microphones. Its boom arm, with a length of 805mm, makes the stand ideal for a variety of recording applications.
The main features of the Music Store MIC 5 Standard Microphone Boom Stand Black include:
- Ideal for studio and stage use
- Adjustable height from 960 to 1450mm
- Boom arm with 740mm length
- Weighs 2.1kg
The Fame DT 790 Studio Headphones are a great pair of studio headphones for an unbeatable price. The DT 790 Headphones from Fame are made for monitoring in comfort, offering a great frequency range and soft cup closed back design, you can rely on the DT 790 for all those hours in the studio.
The main features of the Fame DT 790 Studio Headphones Include:
- Ideal for recording and personal monitoring applications
- Comfortable cushioned cups for prolonged use
- Closed back design
- Impedance: 120 Ohm
- Colour: Black
- Frequency range: 16-22,000 Hz
The Music Store Platinum Male To Female XLR Microphone Cable 3m is a professional, low noise cable for connecting both dynamic and condenser microphones to preamps, audio interfaces and effects. Thanks to its high quality connectors, the Music Store Platinum Cable offers incredible sound for both studio and live use.
The main features of the Music Store Platinum XLR To XLR Microphone Cable 3m include:
- Length: 3m
- Connections: XLR Male to XLR Female