The Keith McMillen SoftStep 2 USB MIDI Controller is a USB MIDI foot controller, featuring backlit keys, LED indicators, smart fabric, 10 keys, and one navigation pad. The SoftStep 2 is a generational leap beyond traditional pedalboards: an unbreakable, programmable MIDI foot controller, giving you unmatched connectivity to any and all of your rigs. The 10 gesture-sensitive pads register pressure and position, allowing you not just precision, but expression in your foot controls. SoftStep 2’s status-indicating LEDs and crystal-clear alphanumeric display ensure you never get lost, whether on a dark stage or deep in the groove.
At 18” and 1.3 lbs, the SoftStep 2 travels with you anywhere in a backpack or gig bag, and is rugged enough to be thrown onto the stage night after night. SoftStep 2 is easy to use out of the box, with built-in compatibility with all major music software. The combination of LED feedback and pads layered with Keith McMillen's Smart Fabric sensors gives you a centralized control source at the tips of your toes—freeing your hands to actually play. SoftStep 2 provides visual feedback from backlit keys, LED indicators, and an alphanumeric display.
The main features of the Keith McMillen SoftStep 2 USB MIDI Controller include:
- Controllers: 10 keys with pressure and location (X/Y) sensitivity; 1 navigation pad with pressure and location sensitivity
- LEDs / Display: 10 bi-colour (red/green) LEDs; 4 character alpha-numeric display
- Dimensions: 450 x 105 x 24mm
- Weight: 0.59kg
- Connections: USB connector; Mini-USB connector
- Power Source: USB bus power
- Power Consumption: SoftStep 1 hardware: ~105mA max draw @ 5V; SoftStep 2 hardware: ~ 140mA max draw @ 5V
- Included Accessories: USB cable (5m, USB 2.0)
- Data Transmitted: Class-compliant MIDI over USB; MIDI over 5-pin DIN (via KMI Expander)
- System Requirements (Mac): Mac OS 10.5 or later; Intel Core 2 Duo processor or greater; 50MB free hard disk space
- System Requirements (Windows): Windows 7 or greater; Intel Core 2 Duo processor or greater; 50MB free hard disk space