The Metric Halo LIO-8 Audio Interface is a high end firewire audio interface that brings together quality and expandability to provide options to extend the capabilities of this interface should you need to.
The LIO-8 provides 192kHz sampling rate on both analog and AES input and outputs, and features new DC-coupled, zero phase distortion, servo balanced line inputs and outputs. Full clickless remote technology controlled monitor outputs that are flexible for both stereo to 7.1 surround applications.
In terms of expansion, the LIO-8 comes standard without any mic preamps, but users have the option to add four or eight mic preamps in the future, which are the same mic preamps that are found on the highly regarded Metric Halo ULN-8 model. Over and above the mic preamps, users also have the option to add a +DSP license which will give them access to over 100 plug-ins. What’s more is that all parameters on the plug-ins that have been adjusted by the user can be saved via the LIO-8 device and factory supplied patches are also readily available.
The LIO-8 will provide everything you need to record, mix, process and master audio for your music projects, and can be used with your DAW of preference. It can also be used in stand-alone mode and makes for a great audio front end and monitor controller.
The Metric Halo LIO-8 Audio Interface features include:
- 8 channels of Archival Grade 192k A-D / D-A converters
- 2 channels of Archival Grade 192k D-A converters with integrated headphone amp
- 8 channels of remote controllable ultra-low-noise clickless preamps
- Analog send/return architecture for analog access to preamps
- 2 channels for DI inputs for instrument or turntable inputs
- Integrated Surround monitor controller
- 8 channels of 192k capable AES inputs and outputs
- Comprehensive front panel controls
- High resolution 15 multicolor segment precision front panel metering
- Clocking is internal, word clock, AES
- Dedicated internal clock sources
- Dedicated MIDI I/O for control surface interfacing (supports Mackie Control Protocol)
- Dedicated SMPTE LTC I/O for timecode without sacrificing any audio channels
- Integrated +DSP license (license to be purchased)
- High quality aluminium body
- Exceptional power performance @ 32 Watts
- Compact in size - 1 RU
- Highly expandable
- Weighs 2.7 kg