The MOTU 828ES Thunderbolt/USB Audio Interface is a 28x32 audio interface featuring eight 1/4" TRS analogue mic I/O with MIDI I/O and a BNC word clock. With 60 simultaneous audio channels (28 inputs and 32 outputs), connect all of your studio gear including microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines, outboard processors, MIDI gear, optical expanders and more. Featuring high-performance Thunderbolt and USB drivers for Mac and PC, this interface provides you with ultra-low latency and renowned rock-solid performance.
With universal connectivity, this interface connects to your Mac or PC with Thunderbolt, hi-speed USB 2.0 or AVB/TSN Ethernet for up to 256 audio channels (128 in and 128 out). Class-compliant firmware and industry standard drivers work with any audio apps and this interface connects to an iPad with a standard camera connection kit (adapter not included).
Audio is captured in its truest, most natural form with -108 dB THD+N, 118dB dynamic range and -128dBu EIN performance. Each mic channel has individual preamp gain, pad, 48V phantom power and digital remote control. Each 828ES mic input offers a pre-converter, hard-wired send for mono or stereo mic channel outboard processing.DSP mixing and effects. A fully-fledged 48-input digital mixer delivers seven stereo aux busses, three groups, access to 64 network inputs, and DSP effects including reverb, four-band EQ, gate and compression.
The main features of the MOTU 828ES Thunderbolt/USB Audio Interface include:
- Sample Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- Mic/Line/Instrument Inputs: 2x XLR/TRS
- Analogue Inputs: 8x 1/4" TRS (Balanced/Unbalanced)
- Analogue Outputs: 8x 1/4" TRS (Balanced, DC Coupled), 2x Male XLR, 2x 1/4" TRS Stereo Headphone, 2x 1/4" TRS Sends (Pre-Converter)
- Digital I/O: 2x ADAT Optical Banks (16-Channel), 2x SMUX Optical Banks (8-Channel), Switchable to Stereo TOSLink (Optical S/PDIF), 1x Stereo RCA S/PDIF
- Total I/O: 28-In/32-Out @ 1x Sample Rates, 20-In/24-Out @ 2x Sample Rates, 10-In/14-Out @ 4x Sample Rates
- Computer I/O 1x Thunderbolt 1 (Mac & Win), 1x USB 2.0 Audio Class Compliant
- Computer I/O Channels Thunderbolt: 128-In/Out @ 1x or 2x (44.1–96 kHz), 64 In/Out @ 4x (176.4–192 kHz)
- Computer I/O Channels USB: 64-In/Out @ 1x (44.1–48 kHz), 32-In/Out @ 2x (88.2–96 kHz), 24-In/Out @ 4x (176.4–192 kHz)
- MIDI I/O: 1x IN, 1x OUT, 16x Channels
- Foot Switch: 1x 1/4" Pedal Input
- Sync I/O: 1x BNC Word Clock In/Out, 1x 1/4" Time Code In/Out
- Network I/O: 1x RJ45 AVB/TSN Ethernet (1 Gbps)
- Headphone: 2x 1/4" TRS Stereo Phone (Assignable)
- Phantom Power: 2x Individual +48V
- Front Panel: 2x 1/4" TRS Headphone Output, 2x XLR/TRS Combo Inputs, 2x Phone Volume, 2x Mic/Instrument Input Gain, 2x Main Volume/Menu, 2x Pad Switches, 2x 48V Phantom Power, Menu Navigation, A/B Mon Select
- Power: 100-240V Auto-Switching Supply, 50-60 Hz, 0.5A Max
- Dimensions: 483 x 177.5 x 45mm
- Weight: 1.9 kg