Motu's Ethno Instrument Version 2 delivers expressive ethnic instrument sounds combined with authentic world music loops and phrases in one window. This massive 21GB library delivers all the exotic textures you need to take your recordings to the four corners of the globe.
Ethno 2 delivers the most comprehensive world/ethnic sound library ever offered in a single package, combined with the most advanced virtual instrument interface for ethnic sounds. Version 2 adds significant new features such as preset searching, microtonal scales, state-of-the-art time stretching, and much more. Ethno 2 more than doubles the size of Ethno’s included sound library of instruments, loops and phrases. New sounds abound in Version 2 from Asia, Africa, Europe, the Balkans, the British Isles, Latin America, Australia, and many other locations around the globe. Featured sounds include taiko drums, large African drums, thirty new instruments from India, hundreds of urban India loops (in the style of Slumdog Millionaire), Balkanish voices, Arabic voices, Persian voices, an extensive new collection of gongs and bells, extended cymbalum, and much more.
Start with a huge library of multisample instruments from all over the world, recorded with pristine audio fidelity. Browse and search by category or geographic region. Now add hundreds of authentic loops and phrases, instantly tempo-locked to your host software time line. Slice loops with one click to trigger each beat from your keyboard, or drag & drop them directly into your host software tracks. Play authentic non-western tunings and scales using your favorite MIDI controller. Adjust sounds quickly with Ethno’s intuitive controls.
Place your music in real acoustic spaces, from primordial caves to towering forests to remote canyons, all faithfully reproduced with stunning realism by Ethno’s built-in convolution reverb processor.
Create entire songs with unlimited parts and mix them in Ethno or your host software via multiple outputs. Run Ethno stand-alone to turn your computer into a world instrument powerhouse with disk streaming and multiple outputs. Or load it as a plug-in that saves all settings with your host software sessions for instant recall.
This software requires an iLok Software Authorisation Device, please see related products.
The Main Features of Motu Ethno Instrument Version 2 Software Include:
- Plug-in Formats: MAS, VST, RTAS and Audio Units
- 21 GB of World Instrument Sounds, Loops and Phrases Together in One Window
- Browse Sounds by Category or by Region of the World.
- Search for Presets Directly in the Browser by Typing any Name or Keyword Text.
- Tempo-sync Features let you Browse & Play Loops in Tempo with your Music.
- Sliced Loops let you Rearrange Beats or Play them via your MIDI Controller
- Drag & Drop Audio Phrases and Loops Directly into your Host Software, Tempo-locked to your Project Time Line
- Unique "Slice" Button Instantly Divides Loop into Slices that you can Play Individually from your MIDI Keyboard, Drum Pad or other MIDI Controller
- Very High-quality Loop and Phrase Time-stretching, even at Extremely Slow or Fast Tempos, with Technology Licensed from the IRCAM Institute for Audio Research in Paris
- Convolution Reverb Provides Authentic Acoustic Spaces, from Natural Settings like Caves and Forests to Spacious Concert Halls and Soaring Cathedrals
- Apply Microtonal Tuning and Scales from Around the Globe to any Ethno Instrument Sound
- Advanced Programming for Live Performance, including Key Switching, Velocity Crossfades and Zone Splits
- Supports Unlimited Parts and up to 64 MIDI Channels (stand-alone or with supporting hosts)
- Unlimited Polyphony and Ultra-low Software Latency
- Superb Sound Quality with the 32-bit UVI Engine XT – Acclaimed Worldwide for its Lush and Powerful Sound
- Multitimbral: Create Stacks and Layers in Seconds
- Expert Mode: Add, Remove and Layer Instruments on the Fly, as you Play
- Individual Controls for each Instrument, Loop and Phrase, including ADSR Envelope, LFO (for vibrato, tremolo, etc.), Tone Controls, Tuning and Velocity Response
- Multis: Create, Save, Load and Share Entire Ensembles of any Size and Scope
- Version 1 Compatibility Ensures that if you Upgrade to Version 2, all of your Version 1 Compositions Remain Intact
- Windows System Requirements: Windows 7, Vista, or XP. For native 64-bit operation- 64-bit version of Windows 7 or Windows Vista required. Pentium 4.1 GHz or faster CPU; for native 64-bit operation, a 64-bit CPU is required. Multi-processor or multi-core PCs are recommended. The hard drive containing the Ethno 2 soundbank files must be formatted as NTFS
- Mac OS X Requirements: Mac OS X version 10.4, 10.5, or 10.6; v10.4.11 or later. PowerPC G4 1 GHz or faster CPU (including PowerPC G5 CPUs and all Intel processor Macs). Multi-processor or multi-core PowerMac G5s or Intel processor Macs are recommended. The hard drive containing the Ethno 2 soundbank files must be formatted as Mac OS Extended (also known as HFS+). Journalling can be on or off