The MOTU Ultralite MK3 Hybrid is MOTU's most compact and
versatile audio interface, featuring hybrid FireWire/USB2
connectivity to your Mac or Windows computer, on-board mixing and
effects, superb sound and reliable performance.
The MOTU Ultralite Mark 3 Hybrid provides flexible and mobile
operation via FireWire or hi-speed USB2 connectivity to a Mac or PC
computer, with professional audio quality at samples rates up to
192 kHz and plenty of I/O, including two mic/instrument inputs, six
line-level analog inputs, ten channels of analog output, stereo
S/PDIF and a stereo headphone output.
The MOTU Ultralite MK3 Hybrid is housed in a rugged, compact
enclosure you can take anywhere. The UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid is
equally well-suited for studio and stage, with or without a
computer. As an interface or standalone mixer, the UltraLite-mk3
Hybrid provides 10 separate inputs and 14 separate outputs.
MOTU Ultralite MK3 Hybrid connects all of your studio gear,
including microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines,
effects processors and even MIDI devices. Record, monitor, route
and process all of these live inputs using the professional
on-board CueMix FX digital mixer — with no latency and no processor
strain on your computer.
Add Classic Reverb™ with lengths up to 60 seconds. Further
sculpt your sound with 7-band parametric EQ featuring filter types
carefully modeled after British analog console EQs. Choose between
two forms of compression: a conventional compressor and the
Leveler™, an accurate model of the legendary LA-2A™ optical
compressor that provides vintage, musical automatic gain
The MOTU Ultralite MK3 Hybrid Main Features Include:
- Hybrid FireWire/USB2 connectivity — connect to your computer
via either bus-powered FireWire or hi-speed USB2.
- CueMix FX™ — flexible 10 input/14 bus mixer with on-board DSP
effects, including reverb with sends/returns, plus EQ and
compression on every input and output.
- 10 inputs / 14 outputs — there's no channel sharing in the
UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid; the mic inputs, S/PDIF I/O, headphone out and
main outs are all handled as separate channels.
- Classic Reverb™ — provides five different room types, three
frequency shelves with adjustable crossover points, shelf filtering
and reverb lengths up to 60 seconds.
- Two forms of compression — a standard compressor with
conventional threshold/ratio/attack/release/gain controls and the
Leveler™, an accurate model of the legendary LA-2A optical
compressor, which provides vintage, musical automatic gain
- Modeled EQ — provides 7-band parametric EQ modeled after
British analog console EQs, featuring 4 filter styles (gain/Q
profiles) to effectively cover a wide range of audio material. LP
and HP filters are also supplied with slopes that range from 6 to
- CueMix FX cross-platform mixing software — attractive graphic
mixing, graphic editing of parametric EQ and a convenient tabbed
interface for quick access to all features in one window. Also
provides full-screen real-time FFT display, spectrogram "waterfall"
display, oscilloscope, X-Y plot and linear or polar phase
- Front-panel control — access any setting in your entire
UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid mix directly from the front panel.
- "Reverb return" stream — allows users to record or mix
UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid reverb output separately in their DAW. Effects
can also be applied when the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid is operating
stand-alone (without a computer) as a complete stand-alone
- Stand-alone operation — program your mixes at the studio and
then bring the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid to your gig — no computer
needed. Just plug in the included power adapter and you are ready
to go. Need to tweak the mix? Do it on site using the back-lit LCD
and front-panel controls.
- Multiple CueMix FX mixes — for example, create different
monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Or add send/return
loops for outboard gear — with no latency.
- Two combo jacks provide hi-Z 1/4” guitar input or low-Z XLR mic
input with phantom power, pad and plenty of gain.
- Eight 24-bit 192kHz analog inputs and
outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks
- Precision Digital Trim™ — Digitally controlled analog trim on
all analog inputs (mic/guitar inputs + quarter-inch TRS inputs)
provides accurate adjustements in 1 dB increments. Fine-tune the
balance of your analog inputs and then save/recall trim
- Direct Digital Synthesis™ (DDS) — a DSP-driven phase lock
engine and internal clock source that produces imperceptibly low
jitter characteristics (below the noise floor), even when the
UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid is resolved to an external clock source via
SMPTE time code.
- Time code support — directly resolves to (or generates) time
code via any quarter-inch input or output, without the need for an
- Sample-accurate MIDI — connect a MIDI controller and/or sound
module with no separate interface needed. MIDI I/O is
sample-accurate with supporting software.
- Expandable — add additional interfaces for more I/O as your
- Separate TRS main outs with front panel volume control.
- Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out.
- Includes drivers for Mac & PC, including ASIO, WDM, Wave,
Core Audio, and Core MIDI. Supports all popular Mac and Windows
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in
today's popular audio programs.
- Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation
software for the Mac with recording, editing, mixing, real-time
32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync.
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire or
- Front panel volume control for monitoring. Stereo, Quad, 6.1,
7.1 and user-defined surround monitoring setups available.
- Front panel headphone jack with volume control.
- Bus-powered FireWire operation. No need for external power when
operating as a FireWire interface connected to a computer. A power
supply is included for stand-alone operation.
- Cross-platform compatibility with Mac and Windows and all of
your favorite audio software and host-based effects via
WDM/ASIO/Core Audio drivers. Or you can use the included AudioDesk
workstation software for Mac, with 24-bit recording/editing and