The Panda Audio midiBeam Wireless MIDI Interface is a wireless MIDI interface, featuring a 2.4 GHz frequency, and 4-stage transmission power. The midiBeam wireless MIDI interface connects your MIDI instrument (or any source) to your synthesizer or computer through radio waves, without any cable connection.
The midiBeam system consists of two boxes, TX02 and RX02. Attached to the instrument is the TX02 transmitter, powered by two AAA batteries. It is a small plastic box, with an LED and one pushbutton on the top for "PAIRING". The MIDI plug is hanging on one end of a short cable. The TX02 can be attached to the instrument by Velcro tape.
The RX02 receiver is powered through the mini USB socket either from a computer or from a USB power supply. It has an LED and a "PAIRING" pushbutton as well. The MIDI output is provided either through USB or the DIN MIDI Output socket. There is a DIN MIDI Input socket as well; if the device has no radio connection then it functions as a standard MIDI Interface to a computer. No special driver installation is necessary.
The main features of the Panda Audio midiBeam Wireless MIDI Interface include:
- TX02 Size: 63 x 48 x 15 mm
- RX02 Size: 83 x 54 x 31 mm
- TX02 Weight: 36g (Without Batteries)
- RX02 Weight: 58g
- TX02 Power: 2x AAA Batteries
- RX02 Power: Through USB Socket
- Transmitter Battery Lifetime: 66 Hours (1)
- Visible Warning of Low Battery Voltage: 10%
- Auto Power Off: Programmable to 10, 30, 60 Minutes
- Radio Range: Typically 250m Open Air, Line of Sight(1)
- Radio Band: 2.4 GHz, 76 Channels
- Radio Power: Programmable in 4 Steps
- Latency: 0.38 Milliseconds (2)
- Device Pairing: Automatic
- Software: Upgradable