Pop4Schools 5 User Licence for up to 5 teaching staff for 12 months.
Click Below for DV Magazine Review:
Pop4Schools is a brand new teaching programme written by teachers and music industry professionals. The programme uses role-play to introduce students to the music industry world, taking on writing lyrics and music, creating a pop video, producing a CD and artwork and looking at marketing and finances.
The lesson plans are great fun and easy to teach. We are delighted to be able to offer licenses to join Pop4Schools and we are also working to
provide additional discounted equipment to support the course.
Pop4Schools is an online repository of information and lesson plans to be used to teach the basics of what goes on in a pop music record company. Far more than teaching music alone, Pop4Schools can be used across the curriculum by non-music specialists. Even if you aren’t familiar with the latest chart sounds, you can teach using Pop4Schools with ease.
As an example, the Pop4Schools “Enterprise Project” sees pupils take on
different roles such as a composer, performer, designer, marketeer, promoter or
Finance Director - there are seventeen roles to choose from. The project is based on children writing their own lyrics and music, recording the song(s), designing the artwork and then working out ways in which to market and sell their music.
The lessons are all prepared for you, with all the detailed planning and resources you need – just click and go. Joining Pop4Schools gives up to five teachers in your school access to regularly updated resources, including:
- Pre- written detailed subject based “Blooms Taxonomy” Pop4Schools lesson
plans covering cross curricular subjects such as music, ICT, literacy, maths, art, science, history, PSHCE and geography
- Cross curricular Pop4Schools “mini enterprise project” case study with detailed teaching notes and 12 pre- written Blooms Taxonomy lesson plans
- Use as a project to teach cross curricular, subject by subject or after school club
- Early years teaching topic charts
- Ability to share your own Pop4Schools ideas with the Pop4Schools community
- 70 films covering a wide variety of aspects of the music industry
- Powerpoint presentations and quizzes on the manufacturing and printing
processes of CDs
- Example album artwork; posters and press releases
- Weekly Official UK top ten chart
- Recording solutions and software for both recording a CD and a download
- Musician directory to source musicians for your song if needed (recommended
- Helpful online links portal to save you time
- Timeline of key musical and technological developments (1898 - present )
- Covers internet and e-safety
- Upload tracks to iTunes and Amazon
- Created by teachers for teachers
- Online and telephone support
- Discounted Music Village bundles to supplement your Pop4Schools lessons
- Specifically designed to teach ages 5 – 14.