The Realsamples French Harpsichord Multi-format Sample Library - Like all harpsichords, the instrument is not touch-sensitive in the sense of a piano. However, even if the differences are minuscule, not any given note will sound exactly the same due to different resonances of body and strings.
Until now, many keyboards and samplers represented harpsichords by always triggering off the exact same digital sample, leaving a cold and sterile sounding impression. In order to improve upon previous recreations and to pay tribute to the liveliness and depth of this antique instrument, Realsamples have captured 8 variations of each note (4' register: 4 variations of each note).
The release sounds of the keys are also of major importance: What was originally side noise is now often overlooked and even simply left out in artifical simulations, resulting in a very abstract overall picture. Therefore, Realsamples recorded 4 release samples of each note.
To start right away, presets are available for all common sample formats including HAlion®, Kontakt2® and higher, EXS24® and GigaStudio3®.
For the critical task of recording the harpsichord, Realsamples employed custom-made Wagner™ U47w® tube microphones in conjunction with Crane Song™ Flamingo® pre-amps and Universal Audio™ 2192® digital converters to do the instrument justice. For maximum sound quality, Realsamples recorded in 192 khz/24 bits resolution, downsampled to 44.1 khz/24 bits.
The Realsamples French Harpsichord Main Features Include:
- 5 different register combinations sampled: Lower 8', Upper 8', 4', Tutti and 2 x 8'
- 8 different samples of each note per register combination (4' register: 4 different samples per note)
- 4 different release sounds of each note per register combination
- ready to play HAlion®/Kontakt2®/EXS24® or GigaStudio3® presets
- wave format (except GigaStudio® version)
- no mastering applied
- recorded in 192 khz/24 bits resolution and downsampled
- DVD or CD set
- license-free applicable in your music