The Realsamples Italian Harpsichord III Multi-format Sample Library - Features an instrument built around 1690 by an anonymous maker. Featuring three sounds - a front and a rear 8' register as well both together - it allows for the traditional rich and slick Italian harpsichord tone, offering additional flexibility by choosing the adequate 8' or using the gentle 2 x 8' combination with its inspiring and complex harmonics.
Like all harpsichords, the instrument is not touch-sensitive in the sense of a piano. However, even if the differences are minuscule, not any given note will sound exactly the same twice due to different resonances of body and strings.
To start right away, presets are available for all common sample formats including HAlion®, Kontakt2® and higher, EXS24® and GigaStudio3®.
For the critical task of recording the harpsichord, we employed custom-made Wagner™ U47w® tube microphones in conjunction with Crane Song™ Flamingo® preamps and Universal Audio™ 2192® digital converters to do the instrument justice. For maximum sound quality, we recorded in 192 khz/24 bits resolution, downsampled to 44.1 khz/24 bits.
The Realsamples Italian Harpsichord III Main Features Include:
- 3 different register combinations sampled: Front 8', Rear 8' and 2 x 8'
- 8 different samples of each note per register combination
- 4 different release sounds of each note per register combination
- Ready to play HAlion®/Kontakt2®/EXS24® or GigaStudio3® presets
- Wave format (except GigaStudio® version)
- No mastering applied
- Recorded in 192 khz/24 bits resolution and downsampled
- DVD set
- License-free applicable in your music