The Roland Octa-Capture UA1010 is an incredibly high-spec recording interface, with 10x10 I/O and eight much-acclaimed Roland VS Preamps, making it perfect for the portable producer who still needs the I/O to deal with a significantly demanding amount of audio.
The eight combo-jack connectors carry 1/4”, HI-Z optional inputs on channels 1+2 and are TRS inputs on 3-8, which means that getting a full band hooked up or tracking a fully-mic’ed drum kit has never been an easier job, all delivered over fast USB 2.0 connectivity in 24-bit/96kHz audio reproduction. A clever auto-sens feature allows users to hit a button to immediately level every input to the perfect mix, saving you huge amounts of time in the studio.
Furthermore, paying close attention to your mix is easy thanks to the software-controlled direct mixing system, making use of a DSP engine to create individual monitor mixes that can be sent to any of the outputs, allowing you to create different monitor speaker and headphone mixes, for instance.
The preamp-equipped channels come equipped with phantom power, phase invert, compression and a low-cut filer, and connection options are further increased thanks to eight 1/4” TRS outputs, coaxial S/PDIF I/O and MIDI I/O.
Hooking up to the computer is made all the easier by 48-sample ASIO buffers which have been designed to allow you to produce with a very low latency response. VS streaming means that you can also use this unit as an expansion for V-Studios or in conjunction with another Roland Octa-Capture, giving you access to even more I/O if necessary! Bundled Sonar and plug-in software rounds off a professional package that has a huge spec at a very good price.
The Roland Octa-Capture Main Features Include:
- USB 2.0 Audio Interface
- 24-bit/192 kHz performance
- Eight professional-grade VS Preamps
- Each channel providing a combo-XLR input jack, phantom power, low-cut filter, phase invert, and digital compression
- 1/4" connectors, with Hi-Z instrument inputs on channels 1 and 2
- Balanced TRS inputs on channels 3-8
- Channels 7 and 8 are well suited for high input levels associated with kick drum and snare drum recording
- Additional connectivity includes eight 1/4" TRS output jacks, coaxial S/PDIF I/O, and MIDI I/O
- Auto-Sens - Automatic Preamp Levelling
- Four software-controlled Direct Mixers
- Internal 40-bit DSP engine
- Roland's VS Streaming driver - powerful low-latency performance with 48-sample ASIO buffers (44.1kHz/48kHz)
- DAW platforms are supported via ASIO 2.0/WDM (Windows) and Core Audio (Mac) driver versions
- Compatible with Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6
- Used as an expansion I/O unit with Cakewalk’s V-Studio 700 and 100 systems
- Thanks to VS Streaming, multiple devices (two OCTA-CAPTURE units or one OCTA-CAPTURE plus a VS-100 or VS-700) can be used without compromising stability, performance, or audio quality