The Roland UA33 Tri-Capture recording interface is notable not only for the unique mixer-style design that should prove perfect for portable and desktop editing, but for the input options that are offered at this price.
The three inputs – instrument (with Hi Z option), XLR and stereo AUX – allow you to hook any audio sources, microphones and guitars etc you need to the Roland UA33 Tri-Capture interface, and use the built-in REC MODE feature to shuffle through numerous different recording scenarios. It’s a quick and easy way to be immediately ready to record, rather than having to click through too many menus.
There are balanced 1/4 TRS outputs and a headphone out, and the layout of the UA33’s control knobs will make any engineer feel at home, laid out as they would be on a mixing desk and professionally smooth to work with.
The whole unit is USB bus powered, and is capable of recording through that connection at 24-bit/96kHz, so you can be assured of a serious audio quality and low latency operation too, which means you can be confident in delivering your music without any problems.
A LOOP BACK function means that should you be looking to create your own webcasts, live streams or videos, then this feature coupled with the low latency makes the Roland UA33 perfect for the job.
Whether you’re looking to track audio alone or work with A/V, it’s a professional, slick recording interface.
Roland Tri-Capture main features:
- Affordable, easy-to-use interface for guitarists, vocalists, and other musicians
- Also works great for video production, web streaming, and creating podcasts with unique LOOP BACK function
- XLR mic input with phantom power, plus 1/4-inch input with Hi-Z switch for connecting a guitar directly
- Stereo AUX input with dedicated volume control
- Balanced 1/4-inch TRS outputs and headphone jack
- Low-latency ASIO driver; recording and playback at rates up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- USB bus powered with 24-bit/96 kHz operation
- Cakewalk SONAR X1 LE included
- Connectors: INPUT1 (Mic) jack (XLR type, balanced, phantom power DC 48 V, 10mA Max), INPUT2 (Guitar) jack (1/4-inch phone type), INPUT3 (AUX) jacks (L, R) (RCA phono type), Output jacks (L, R) (1/4-inch TRS phone type (balanced)), Headphone jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type), USB connector (USB Type B)
- Width 171 mm 6-3/4 inches
- Depth 134 mm 5-5/16 inches
- Height 40.1 mm 1-10/16 inches
- Weight 320 g 12 oz.