The Sonnet Echo Express III-D TB2 PCIe Desktop Expansion Chassis is a desktop expansion chassis with Thunderbolt 2, and an included Thunderbolt cable. Today's ultra-light notebooks, mini, and all-in-one desktop computers now have tremendous processing power–power that many thought would only be possible in full-size workstation or large desktop computers. Smaller in size and more portable, they're very desirable. For pros in the creative fields, processing power alone is not enough. A prime example is the new Mac Pro. Proven to be a processing powerhouse and packed with Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.0 ports, it lacks the PCIe expansion slots necessary to install specialty cards to connect various video and audio inputs, for transcoding data, and to connect to high-speed storage and networks.
With the Echo Express III-D, Sonnet has created a solution that leverages the paradigm shift enabled by Thunderbolt technology, allowing PCIe expansion slots to be connected outside a computer. This desktop Thunderbolt-to-PCIe card expansion chassis makes it possible for you to connect three professional video capture, audio interface, SAS or SATA HBA, 16Gb or 8Gb Fibre Channel, 10Gigabit Ethernet, and RAID controller PCIe cards to any Mac with a Thunderbolt port.
The main features of the Sonnet Echo Express III-D TB2 PCIe Desktop Expansion Chassis include:
- Provides PCIe Card Expansion: Use high-performance PCIe cards with any Mac with a Thunderbolt port
- Thunderbolt 2 Interface: Maximum performance with computers with Thunderbolt 2 technology
- Upgradeable: When available, upgrade to 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Technology
- Three PCIe Slots
- Remarkably Quiet: Large, temperature-controlled, variable-speed fans
- Integrated Universal Power Supply: Built-in 300W power supply with 75W auxiliary power connector
- Rugged Aluminium Housing
- Every Thunderbolt-Compatible Card Supported
- AVID Qualified for Pro Tools|HDX & HD Native and Media Composer/Symphony
- 5-Year Warranty Included at No Extra Cost