The Steinberg Cubase 8.5 Artist (EDU) is the updated version of the professional recording software for use by those within education only. It delivers the same user-friendly environment that all Cubase users will be familiar with, as well as bringing you lots of new updates and discoveries including new software instruments and even more user control than previous versions. Cubase has always proved to be a formidable force inside your studio, but now with the release of Cubase 8.5 Artist, it promises to be the complete engine room of your DAW.
The developers have upgraded the software to the highest standards offering you access to more creative tools as quickly as possible. Larger projects will load faster & save faster & under low-latency conditions will load more tracks with more VST instruments and more VST plug-ins, allowing for larger projects that run much smoother and in all enhancing the enjoyment of your creative process.
Cubase 8.5 fully supports the functionality of the Nuage Controller which means that anything done on the controller will instantly affect and appear within your workflow inside of Cubase 8.5 Artist.
There are also new UI enhancements which offer easy access to your instrument racks and allow easy drag-and-drop options for samples and audio files to be inserted seamlessly into your projects. The dock able windows also help your work space look and feel tidier. Yet another upgrade that will appeal to all PC users is the flexible window layout, which will allow easy opening, closing and re-opening of windows between screens within the PC set up – a function that all PC users will find desirable as well as functional, as this has been impossible within windows up until now.
The successful Chord Track function brought to you in Cubase 7 has been upgraded also with a new chord pad section which allows the user to quickly click on chords and import them to your project – a fantastic function for those of us who do not know how to play “real” piano chords.
The new VST effects are a great expansion on the former plug ins. These include a new multi bank compressor, envelope shaper & expander. Alongside these great new updates is the long awaited return of the Quadrafuzz V2 which is sure to become your go-to fuzz and distortion plug in for all instruments, with complete user control allowing for vast differences in fuzz tone range, from huge, fat fuzz with distortion, bitcrusher & delay, to a bright warm vintage crunches and slight gains. There is also an acoustic agent inside groove agent st and a great new VST bass amp.
The channel strip EQ module has been upgraded and now provides additional mouse-over-value read outs including frequency and gain as standard, but will now allow you to see value expressed as the equivalent music note.
The buttons have an updated look and the track name is also more pronounced.
Cubase 8.5 Artist is the perfect upgrade for those who love Cubase already, and with its newer user-friendlier design will also be the perfect DAW engine for those just getting started.
The main features of the Steinberg Cubase 8.5 Artist Education Music Production System include:
- Complete music production system, offering a set of superb audio/MIDI recording, editing and mixing tools
- Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation
- Supports 128 MIDI and 64 simultaneous audio tracks
- MixConsole provides the stellar mixing experience with full flexibility and integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules for epic pro-console sound
- 8 outstanding instruments with over 2600 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE 2 workstation, Padshop granular synth, Retrologue virtual analog synth, LoopMash 2 and the MPC-style Groove Agent SE 4 drum machine
- Includes a suite of 53 audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors, including Pitch Correct for vocal intonation correction and VST Amp Rack and VST Bass Amp guitar and bass tone suites, Quadrafuzz and more.
- More effects: 20 additional audio effects including Voxengo’s CurveEQ, Multiband Expander, Multiband Compressor, Quadrafuzz v2, Multiband Shaper plus full integration of external hardware effects or instruments
- Chord track and chord pads for easy chord composing and management
- Includes dozens of presets and thousands of MIDI construction loops
- Thousands of MIDI construction loops as building blocks to create songs in only a few steps
- Streamlined score editing feature
- Improved windows handling on PC plus a redesigned track list
- Render in-place: Bounce MIDI and audio parts easily
- Dockable rack and MediaBay
- ASIO-Guard 2: Ultra low latencies only on tracks where latency matters
- Chord pads: A great way to playfully and creatively compose with chords
- Groove Agent SE 4 Acoustic Agent: Gives you a world-class virtual acoustic drummer
- Plug-in manager. Arrange, sort and group your effects and instruments
- New VST Bass Amp with 5 amp models, 4 cabinets and 8 different microphones
- Quadrafuzz v2 for next-level sound design and quad-type distortion
- Allen Morgan Pop-Rock Toolbox: 30 construction kits, each with 25 to 30 audio and MIDI loops