The Tascam MiNiSTUDIO Creator US-42 USB Audio Interface is a USB audio interface, compatible with Windows and Mac computers, with a 24-bit rate and 96 kHz sampling frequency, two XLR / TRS combo inputs with phantom power, and three self-lighting and velocity-sensitive PON trigger pads. The Tascam MiNiSTUDIO Creator US-42 is a personal production and online broadcast studio featuring a professional quality audio interface and a number of unique real-time effects.
Central to the MiNiSTUDIO Creator is an XLR/combo mic/line connector and a professional quality micropone preamp. Built-in phantom power allows you to quickly and easily connect your dynamic or condenser microphone. For the ultimate in plug and play convenience, the MiNiSTUDIO Creator features a built-in microphone, so you're ready to talk the talk right out of the box. The MiNiSTUDIO Creator also features a 4-band parametric EQ, adjustable on-board compression, a digital reverb effect with a convenient front panel depth control. and two Hi-z 1/4" inputs ready to accept an electric guitar or bass.
The TASCAM MiNiSTUDIO features three assignable PON sound effect buttons. Use the included bell, buzzer and applause effects or apply your own .wav or .mp3 files for a completely customized experience. This audio interface also comes with a Voice Effects option to transform your voice. In addition to the default Easy mode of the TASCAM MiNiSTUDIO software panel is an Expert mode that can be accessed by selecting the tab along the top of the window. This exposes a more comprehensive set of controls that enable you to fine tune EQ, compression and reverb settings as well as customise the behaviour of the PON sound effect buttons and the various Voice Effect options.
Unique to the MiNiSTUDIO Creator is a powerful Creator / Broadcast selector switch on the front panel of the device. When set to Broadcast mode, the audience will hear exactly what you hear as all audio generated by the MiNiSTUDIO and or your computer will be mixed together in a single stereo stream. Talk, play guitar, play games or play MP3 files, but flick the switch to Creator and you're in full production mode. When set to Creator, the MiNiSTUDIO transforms into a professionally specced two-channel USB Audio Interface. Perfectly suited for any DAW or video editing software, the combination of dual HDDA mic preamps, Hi-z inputs, EQ, compression and reverb deliver a powerful and flexible front end for any media production task.
The main features of the Tascam MiNiSTUDIO Creator US-42 USB Audio Interface include:
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1k/48k/88.2k/96kHz
- Quantization Bit Rate: 16/24bit
- Analog Audio I/Os
- MIC IN Connector: XLR-3-31, BALANCED (Impedance: 2.4k ohms)
- MIC IN (Plug-in Power): 1/8” 4-Pole Mini Jack; 1/8” Mini Jack (Impedance: 5k ohms or more)
- LINE IN: 1/8” Stereo Mini Jack (Impedance: 5k ohms or more)
- Gain: 45dB
- Maximum Input Level: +7.7dBV (2.427Vrms)
- INST IN: 1/4" TS-Jack, UNBALANCED
- PHONES Connector: 1/4” Stereo Phone-Jack, 1/8” 4-Pole Mini Jack, 1/8” Stereo Mini Jack
- LINE OUT: Stereo RCA Jacks
- USB B-Type 4-Pin
- Format: USB 2.0 High Speed (480MHz)
- DC IN 5V: USB Micro B Type
- THD+N: Less than 0.008%
- S/N Ratio: 100dB or more (MIC IN to LINE OUT, volume min, JEITA)
- Crosstalk: 95dB or more (MIC IN to LINE OUT, 1kHz, JEITA)
- System Requirements: Windows-Compatible Computer or Apple MacOS (iOS 7 or later) with a USB 2.0 Port; Dual Core/2 GHz or Faster (x86); 2 GB Memory
- Power (When Connected to PC): USB Bus-Power
- Power (When Connected to an iOS Device): USB Power Adapter, External Battery Pack, TASCAM BP-6AA
- Power Consumption: 1.5W
- Dimensions: 200 x 40 x 130 mm
- Weight: 500g
- Operating Temperature: 5 to 35°C
- Bundled Accessories: USB Cable, User’s Manual, Warranty Card