The ART M-Two Cardioid Fet Condenser Microphone - One of the most versatile compact side-address wide diaphragm condenser microphones available. A cardioid polar pattern with two position pad and two position low frequency roll-off switches make it the ideal studio condenser microphone for solo vocal or instrument recordings where subtlety and clarity is paramount.
As a cardioid condenser microphone the M-Two picks up only sound directly in front of the mic while sounds from sides and back of the microphone are rejected increasing isolation and delivering controlled directionality.
In live sound and remote recording applications, the ART M-Two’s cardioid pattern offers excellent feedback rejection and better isolation and will give you the best results on most vocal applications and a wide range of solo instruments including background brass and woodwinds, acoustic stringed instruments (violin, viola and cello), drums and percussion. It offers full frequency response at the front of the microphone with a very controlled and predictable proximity effect – the increased low frequency response when microphone is placed close to sound source.
Vocalists can use the proximity effect to their advantage, adding fullness and more 'bottom end' to the voice. Experienced vocalists can easily incorporate it as part of their overall microphone technique.
Note: The cardioid symbol on the microphone housing denotes the 'live side', or front face of the microphone that in all cases should face the performer.
The ART M-Two Main Features Include:
- Wide Diaphragm Cardioid Studio Condenser Microphone
- Dual Position -6dB & -12dB Pad Switches
- Dual Position -12dB/Octave 100Hz & 200Hz Low Frequency Roll-Off Switch
- Extremely Wide Dynamic Range
- Extremely Warm, Smooth-Sounding Low Noise Circuit Design
- Dual 32mm Low Mass Gold Sputtered Diaphragm Capsule
- Aluminum Carrying Case & Deluxe Cradle Shockmount Included
- Type:Wide Diaphragm Side Address Condenser Microphone
- Capsule:32mm Gold Sputtered Low Mass Diaphragm
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Max SPL:135dB / 147dB (0, -12dB)
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 12dB / octave @ 100Hz & 200Hz
- Pre-attenuation Pad Switches: -6dB, -12dB
- S/N Ratio: 78dB
- Sensitivity: -35dB (+/-2dB)
- Impedance: <200 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 1000 ohms
- Power Requirement: 48v Phantom Power
- Dimensions: 37mm x 175mm / 1.5 inches x 6.9 inches
- Weight: 16oz / 469g