The ART X-Direct Active Direct Injection Box is a high quality interface that lets you connect instrument, line, or speaker level signals to a mixer or other balanced input. The high impedance single-ended 1/4” and XLR inputs are buffered and converted, by very low noise active electronics, into an isolated balanced low impedance signal source.
The ART XDirect has an extremely flat and wide frequency response and can handle high signal levels while still maintaining an isolated balanced low impedance output. This gives the Xdirect a very clean and neutral sound with a wide variety of signal sources and over long signal runs in high noise environments. The X-Direct active circuitry is powered by an internal 9volt battery, when external power is not available. In this mode it draws 3.5 ma which should give you more than 250 hours of operation off of a new battery. If phantom power is available, then the Xdirect will automatically draw its power from the external source.
The X-Direct is the obvious choice whenever you have to interface high impedance sources with a low noise balanced system.
The main features of the ART X-Direct include:
- Extremely flat and wide frequency response
- Very clean and neutral over long signal runs
- Ground Lift for reducing hum and ground-loop noise
- Input Attenuator switches for a wide range of signal levels
- Switchable low pass Filter
- Phase Invert switch
- Powered by an internal 9volt battery when external power is not available
- Compact black anodized all aluminum case