The Audio-Technica AT4047MPis a large-diaphragm side-address externally polarized (DC bias) condenser microphone.
The AT4047MP is a large-diaphragm side-address externally polarized (DC bias) condenser microphone with three switchable polar patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid, and figure-of-eight. It is designed to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement.
The omnidirectional polar pattern is sensitive to sound coming from all directions. Select the omni pattern to pick up several voices or instruments on the same microphone, to diminish proximity effect, and to preserve the location’s ambient sound.
The cardioid polar pattern is more sensitive to sound originating directly in front of the element, making it useful in controlling feedback, reducing pickup of unwanted sounds and providing isolation between performers. The figure-of-eight polar pattern is more sensitive to sound originating in the front and back of the microphone, rejecting sounds from the sides. It is often used in conjunction with advanced stereo miking techniques.
The output of the microphone is a 3-pin XLRM-type connector. The microphone is equipped with a switchable 10 dB pad and a switch that permits choice of flat response or low-frequency roll-off (via integral 80 Hz high-pass filter).
The microphone requires 48V phantom power for operation.
The microphone is enclosed in a rugged housing. The included AT8449/SV shock mount provides superior isolation and permits mounting on any microphone stand with 5/8"-27 threads. A dust cover and a protective carrying case are also included.
The main features of the Audio Technica AT4047MP include:
- Specially engineered to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- Three switchable polar patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid, figure-of-eight
- Transformer-coupled output and specially tuned element provide sonic characteristics reminiscent of early F.E.T. studio microphone designs
- Exceptionally low self-noise, wide dynamic range and high SPL capability
- Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Vintage silver-matte finish on microphone and shock mount
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Integral 80 Hz high-pass filter switch and 10 dB pad switch
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T’s stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Element: Externally-polarized (DC bias) condenser
- Polar patterns: Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure-of-eight
- Frequency response: 20-18,000 Hz
- Low frequency roll-off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open circuit sensitivity: –42 dB (7.9 mV), re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impodance: 100 ohms
- Maximum input sound level: 155 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 165 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Noise: 14 dB SPL
- Dynamic range (typical): 141 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 80 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom power requirements: 48V DC, 3.4 mA typical
- Switches: Polar selection; Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Weight: 524 g (18.5 oz)
- Dimensions: 188.0 mm (7.40") long, 53.4 mm (2.10") maximum body diameter
- Output connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Audio-Technica case style: R1
- Accessories furnished: AT8449/SV shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; microphone dust cover; protective carrying case