The Audix MICRO-D is a pre-polarized condenser microphone designed for many applications including drums, percussion, amplified cabinets, speech, vocals and acoustic instruments.
Used in conjunction with 3 different types of specialized clips and 2 different types of interchangeable capsules the MICRO-D becomes a modular sytem that can fulfill a wide variety of creative needs.
With a smooth uniform response over a frequency range of 40 Hz 20 kHz, the MICRO-D is lightweight, compact, and extremely easy to use. Housed in an aluminum ring and isolated by means of a rubber shock mount system, the stock version of the Micro-D (model ADX20-d) has a hypercardioid pick-up pattern and is capable of handling sound pressure levels up to 140 dB.
The MICRO-D operates on phantom power of 9-52 Volts and is supplied with a phantom power adapter, integral D-vice clamp, cable, windscreen, and carrying pouch. Low noise electronic circuitry and balanced low impedance output allow for interference free performance even with long cable runs.
Audix Micro-D main features:
- Great for Drums and percussion, Orchestral zone miking, Vocal zone miking, Guitar and Bass cabinets, Cymbals, Saxophone, Brass, Acoustic instruments
- D-vice gooseneck clip (D-vice), Aluminum ring with rubber shockmount (MC20-d), Mic stand thread adapter 3/8 5/8 (TA20-d), 9-52 volt phantom power adapter (APS-910), Carrying/storage pouch included with this microphone
- Lightweight, compact, low profile
- Simple to set-up and use
- Can be used to mic multiple drums at one time
- Fits into tight spaces (between drums, beneath cymbals)
- Optional clips and accessories available
- High SPL Response - The Micro-D features an SPL rating of 140dB. Transient peaks are reproduced without noise and distortion
- Transducer Type: Condenser (pre-polarized)
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Output Impedance: 250 Ohms
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: 5 mV (ref 1k @ 1 Pascal)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 24 dB (A weighted)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 70 dB (ref 1k @ 1 Pascal)
- Power Requirements: 9 - 52v phantom
- Maximum: SPL 140 dB
- Cable/Connector: 3 pin gold plated male XLR connector
- Polarity: Positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Housing: Capsule housing is brass, Protective ring is aluminum
- Weight: 2 oz / 57 grams
- Finish: Black E-coat