The Audix OM3, first introduced in 1989, is the original VLM technology high-output vocal microphone.
An American-made hand-held vocal microphone designed for live performance, the Audix OM3 is characterized by a hypercardioid pickup pattern and a uniform frequency response of 50-18kHz. An excellent choice for any size stage, the OM3-xb can provide over 25 dB of feedback rejection off-axis and is able to handle extremely high levels of gain without distortion. Transformerless design, low impedance, and balanced output allow interference-free performance even with long cable runs.
The OM3 produces a highly accurate, natural sound with slight bass proximity. A dent-resistant spring-steel grill and sound pressure handling capabilities in excess of 144dB add to the OM3's road-worthiness.
Audix OM3 main features include:
- Transducer type: dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 Hz- 18kHz
- Polar pattern: hypercardioid
- Output impedance: 250 ohms
- Sensitivity: 2.5mV/ Pascal
- Capsule technology: VLM Type B
- Off-axis rejection: >25dB
- Maximum SPL: >144dB
- Cable/connector: 3-pin gold-plated maleXLR
- Polarity: positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Housing: Zinc alloy
- Weight: 10.87oz/308.4 grams
- Supplied accessories: Mic clip (MC1) adjustable through 180 degrees with standard 5/8 inch 27 thread, zippered microphone carrying pouch.