The Avantone CK-6 Large Capsule Cardioid FET Condenser Microphone is designed to offer true professional performance. The design, character and performance can be compared directly to fine studio-standard FET mics but at a fraction of their cost.
The rugged Avantone CK-6 microphone body and capsule assembly are precision machined of brass. Aesthetically, it features an elegant Cabernet Wine-Red finish, accented with polished nickel trim and capsule assembly. The transformerless Discreet Class A FET circuitry will yield pleasing professional results comparable to much more expensive designs. The CK-6 houses a 32mm gold-sputter thin Mylar capsule.
The CK-6 in its normal stock version uses high grade Polystyrene and Metalized Polypropylene capacitors in the audio path. Any studio can proudly offer the CK-6 for instrumental and vocal mikingIt exudes class visually as well as sonically.
Manufactured using the finest materials yielding a very solid feel, superb structural integrity and rugged reliability. The versatile CK-6 mic is able to produce professional results with a clean sonic character.
The included Custom Retro Shockmount is superb in allowing a precise positioning of the mic while inhibiting the transfer of unwanted vibrations up into the mic. This isolation allows for superior professional results.
The CK-6 has separate -10 dB pad & 80 Hz LF roll off switches. The -10dB attenuation switch can be engaged when miking very high SPL sources to keep from overloading the electronics. The 80Hz high-pass filter switch can be engaged to reduce rumble and to keep unwanted low frequencies from "muddying up" the track.
Avantone CK-6 main features include:
- Type: True Transformerless Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Capsule: Single-sided 32mm center-terminated gold-sputtered Mylar (6 micron)
- Frequency Response: 35-20,000 Hz +/- 3.5dB
- Output Impedance <=200 Ohms
- Maximum SPL 136dB (0.5% THD @1000Hz)
- Equivalent Noise Level <17dB
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3-pin
- High-Pass Switch: 80 Hz 6dB/octave
- Attenuation Switch: -10 dB
- Power Requirement: Standard 48 Volt Phantom / 5mA
- Included Accessories: Shockmount, Wooden Box in Metal Carrying Case
- Dimensions: 155mm x 46mm
- Weight: .4 kg / .9 lb
- Finish: Polished Nickel trim / Metallic Cabernet Red Body