Behringer EP4000 Professional Stereo Power Amplifier
Manufacturer Part No: 000-A37
Price excludes VAT
available at short notice
EP4000 Professional Stereo Power Amplifier description:
The Behringer EP4000 Professional 4,000-Watt Stereo Power Amplifier comes with ATR (Accelerated Transient Response) Technology.
The Behringer EP4000 delivers precise power, signal and clip LEDs to monitor performance. The Behringer EP4000 is protected with an impact-resistant, all-steel 2U rackmount chassis
The Behringer EP4000 Main Features Include:
- 2 x 2,000 Watts into 2 Ohms; 2 x 1,400 Watts into 4 Ohms; 4,000 Watts into 4 Ohms (bridge mode)
- Precise Power, Signal and Clip LEDs to monitor performance
- XLR and 1/4" TRS input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Professional speaker connectors and “touch-proof” binding posts support most speaker wiring systems
- Selectable low-frequency filters (30 Hz or 50 Hz) remove distracting infra-sound frequencies
- Independent limiters per channel offer reliable protection against overload and distortion
- High-current toroidal transformer for ultra-high transient response and absolute reliability
- Ultra-reliable Toshiba/Fairchild power transistors
- Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers without shutting down the show
- Back-to-front ventilation system including air filter for reliable operation
- Built-like-a-tank, impact-resistant, all-steel 2U rackmount chassis
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
This page first created on: 20/01/2009
I've used the EP2500 for around 12 years performing in small to medium sized venues, but over the last year one channel has been noticeably starting to under-perform so finally I decided a replacement was due. The EP4000 was the natural choice to follow on from the EP2500. It started up fine and seemed more than happy to put out even sound through both channels for four hours. My sound engineer said that she felt it was probably not much louder than the EP2500 (based on the one channel which was working fully on the old amp), but it had a lot cleaner sound which seemed to project further and more evenly. The old EP2500 has been very reliable and I have no doubt I will get the same reliability from the new EP4000.
PROS Good clean sound. Well built. Simple to use.
CONS Not really any so far.
It's pretty much what I would expect from a good quality amp but at a very affordable price.
This customer purchased the product in May 2015