The Beyerdynamic MCE72-CAM is a package including the MCE72 stereo microphone, EA 86 "Hot Shoe" Camera Mount, WS 72 Windscreen and Connecting Cable (Input: 5-pin XLR male, Output: 3.5 mm Stereo jack plug).
The MCE 72 is a compact stereo microphone for XY recording with a wide and linear frequency response producing uncoloured, high-quality recordings. The MCE 72 is suitable for stereo recording in home studio applications, concert recordings with DAT or MD, film, video and interviewing. For musicians the MCE 72 is an excellent microphone for assessing performance in rehearsals, production and concerts. For stereo ambient sound recording, the microphone is suitable for direct connection to most camcorders, DAT and MD recorders. The MCE 72 has two microphone capsules that are mounted in an angle of 60 to the microphone axis to achieve a wide recording range and an accurate reproduction of the sound source.
The optional EA 19/25 elastic suspension suppresses footfall sound effectively.
Using the supplied special EA 86 elastic suspension with a flash holder, the MCE 72 can be mounted onto the hot shoe of a camcorder directly but remains isolated from noise caused by the video head and the drive.
The MCE 72 is powered by a standard 1.5 V battery (AA-size). An LED indicates when the battery needs to be replaced. The plug-in cable enables the connectors on the MCE 72 to be changed quickly.
- XY stereophony
- Two cardioid condenser capsules
- Angular width 120 degrees ( +/- 60 degrees off the microphone axis)
- Rugged metal housing
- Battery powered (1.5 V battery)
- Battery indicator LED
- Compatible With Portable Recorders and Camcorders using the supplied 5-pin XLR cable that terminates to a standard 1/8 inch mini (3.5mm) output
- Transducer type: Condenser (back electret)
- Operating principle: Pressure gradient
- Frequency respons: 60 - 20,000 Hz
- Recording: XY stereophony
- Polar pattern: 2 x cardioid, principal axis angle 120 degrees
- Open circuit voltage at 1 kHz: 10 mV/Pa
- Nominal impedance: 180 Ohms
- Load impedance: > 1 kO
- Max. SPL at 1 kHz: 125 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio rel. to 1 Pa: approx. 60 dB
- A-weighted equivalent SPL: approx. 26 dB
- Power supply: 1.5 V battery (Mignon AA)
- Current consumption: 12 mA
- Operating time with battery type LR 6 (2300 mAh): approx. 75 hrs.
- Output: unbalanced, capacitive decoupled
- Connection: 5-pin XLR male
- Connecting cable: Input: 5-pin XLR female, Output: 3.5 mm Stereo jack plug
- Dimensions: Length: 196 mm, Diameter: 25 mm
- Weight (without battery): 175 g