The Vortex 6 PA Power Amplifier from CAMCO incorporates precision and a pure natural sonic performance that defines the Vortex series.
Total precision and transparency is the trademark of the Vortex 6 PA Power Amplifier; the Vortex Series has exceptional low distortion values and an excellent signal to noise ratio. The Vortex 6 PA Power Amplifier can easily switch between applications and speaker setups due to its unique power regime. This consists of an extensive power reservoir; stability down to 1 Ohm loads and the ability to run in Stereo, Bridge Mono and Parallel Mono operation modes.
With a weight of just 12.4 kg and designed for the demands of touring professionals, the 2 RU chassis ensures exceptional reliability. All dynamic protection circuits are the result of the philosophy, “Audio-at-all times”.
The Vortex Series remote control system allows complete application freedom, from FOH to control room centre, the ability to control and monitor usage comes as a standard feature.
All Vortex amplifiers can be upgraded with CAMCO’s advanced controller-modules, converting the Vortex into a complete loudspeaker management system. Network solutions via EtherSound or CobraNet offer stand-alone Network option modules or combined DSP and Network modules.
The main features of the Vortex 6 PA Power Amplifier include:
- 2x 1300 W/8 Ohm
- 2x 2100 W/4 Ohm
- 2x 3000 W/2 Ohm
- 1x 4200 W/8 Ohm
- 1x 6000 W/4 Ohm
- Output Circuitry: Bipolar, Class H
- Input Impedance: 40k balanced
- Input gain: selectable: 26dB, 32 dB, or 1.4 V input sensitivity
- Limiter: 3 step switchable peak-limiter
- Fan: 2 temperature dependant speed-controlled axial fans
- Ground-lift: input ground-lift switch on back panel
- Indicators: LED’s for ON, SIGNAL, CLIP, DC, High Temp, Output Current
- Input Connectors: 3-pin XLR, male and female per channel, pin 2= in phase
- Output Connectors: One 4-pole SPEAKON connector for each output channel (bi-amping possible)
- Modes of Operation: STEREO, BRIDGE MONO and PARALLEL-MONO
- Options: Extended user interface / E.U.I – modules for any kind of EQ
- XLR Inputs
- Clip limit
- Over-voltage, over-temperature, RF -and short-circuit protection
- Protection circuit on / off transients, undervoltage, DC / Subsonicsignale
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 483 x 88.9 x 420 mm (19 ", 2 HE )
- Weight: 12.4 kg