The DPA SMK4060 Stereo Microphone Kit is a cost-effective and flexible stereo recording solution aimed at project studios and for discreet mic setup on stage.
The DPA SMK4060 combines two DPA 4060s omnidirectional miniature microphones, Hi-Sens, with a variety of mounting accessories. These include the BLM6000 Boundary Layer Mount, which can be used in conjunction with a 4060 (or any of DPA’s miniature mics) to place the mic on a reflective boundary such as a floor, wall, ceiling, piano lid etc, enabling them to capture the ambient sound of the area. The sound captured from this pressure zone has higher sensitivity, clarity and intelligibility compared to the sound captured from the free air and serves as a kind of acoustical zoom.
Also included in the kit is the DMM0007 soft rubber holder. This allows all kinds of instruments, from acoustic guitar through grand piano to drums, to be mounted in the best-sounding position, using special non-marking adhesive discs
The DPA SMK4060 Stereo Microphone Kit contains:
- 2 x 4060 Omnidirectional Mic, Hi-Sens, Black, 3 meter cable
- 2 x BLM6000-B Boundary Layer Mount, Black
- 2 x DAD6001-BC MicroDot to 3-pin XLR (P48) w. Belt Clip
- 1 x DMM0007 Universal Surface Mount, 5 pcs.
- 2 x DMM0011-B Magnet Mount, Black
- 1 x DUA0560 Windscreen, Black, 5 pcs.
- 2 x MHS6001 Microphone Holder for Strings
The main features of the DPA 4060 Mic include:
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser element with vertical diaphragm
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB: Soft boost grid: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 8 - 20 kHz, High boost grid: 20 Hz - 20 kHz ±2 dB, 10 dB boost at 12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB: 20 mV/Pa; -34 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <1% THD up to 123 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: Typ. 100 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 134 dB
- Output impedance: 30 - 40 Ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply: For wireless systems: Min. 5 V – max. 50 V through DPA adapter; with DAD6001: 48 V phantom power ±4 V.
- Connector: MicroDot
- Weight: 7.5 g (0.26 oz) incl. cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone length: 12.7 mm (0.5 in)
- Cable length: 3 m (9.4 ft)
- Sensitivity selection tolerance (at 1 kHz): ± 1.5 dB