The EBS Fafner II is a 2-channel solid state/tube hybrid bass amplifier featuring a 20Hz-20kHz frequency response, a Hi and Lo Preshape EQ, Clean and Drive channels, and a built-in compressor. The EBS Fafner II uses a two channel preamp where the bottom channel is for a Clean sound and the top channel is for Drive, both with tone controls to shape the frequencies to your preference. The channels can run in parallel mode meaning that the signal splits in two after the input Gain and Character filters. There is a level control for the Drive channel to control how much distortion you want, and a level control for Clean channel to set the balance between the distorted and clean channel.
The channels can be run in a serial mode where you can apply all tone controls to shape a clean sound, or get the Drive to affect the whole tonal spectrum. In this mode, the signal goes through the Clean channel filters and then into the Drive channel. The advanced Drive has optional Boost and Tube modes where the Boost mode simply boosts the whole frequency range as you turn up the Drive level control and the Tube mode sends the signal through a 12AX7 (ECC83) tube adding tube character and compression to the clean channel.
The Fafner II offers a Hi and a Lo boost character filter where both engaged at the same time create a mid scooped, pre-shaped sound character. The built-in compressor adds a smooth and seamless level of compression to your sound. Two balanced XLR outputs on the front of this amp can send out a pre- and a post-EQ line signal at the same time, ideal for studio or stage use offering two different signals to blend together. Individual effect loops for each channel and a common loop with a mix level control provide maximum flexibility when hooking up your effects.
The main features of the EBS Fafner II include:
- Input Impedance: 2M Ohms
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Gain Range: -00 - +30 dB
- Maximum Compression Ratio: (Compressor) 3:1
- Bass Control +/-18 dB @ 80 Hz
- Middle Control +/- 15dB @100 - 4.500 Hz, Q=0.7/1.8
- Treble Control +/- 15 dB @10 kHz
- Drive Gain Range: 0 - 40 dB
- Drive Type: Tube (ECC83)
- Middle Post Drive EQ +/- 15 dB @50 - 2.000 Hz
- Edge Post Drive EQ +/- 12 dB @ 6 kHz
- Hi & Lo Preshape EQ
- Individual & Common Effect Loops
- Soft Switch Remotes for Drive, Mute, Filter & Character Preshape EQs
- Dual Balanced Outputs
- Speaker Impedance: 2-8 Ohms
- Continuous Output Power: 750W RMS @ 2 Ohms; >600W RMS @ 4 Ohms
- Dimensions: 480 x 360 x 130mm
- Weight 16kg