The Miktek CV4 is a large-diaphragm tube condenser microphone with nine selectable pick-up patterns.
The sound of the Miktek CV4 is musical, the bottom end is big, warm and tight, with mids that are present and even, along with a high frequency response that’s sweet and airy, making it ideal for recording single vocalists, acoustic instruments, groups of vocals, piano, string ensembles, winds and drum kits as overheads or ambient room mics.
This Miktek CV4's capsule features dual 1-inch diaphragms manufactured using 5-micron Mylar with a 0.4-micron layer of evaporated gold, which is precisely tensioned, mounted to carefully-tuned backplates, and set back-to-back to create the final capsule. Tight tolerances and special attention to precise machining of the backplate produce a linear off-axis response that ensures the accuracy of the microphone.
The heart and soul of the CV4’s head amplifier is the AMI BT4 transformer, which offers a classic sound and an extended low frequency response. The original NOS (new-old-stock) Telefunken EF800 tube has the high-voltage circuit uniquely implemented.
The Miktek CV4 is hand-built using components from the US, Europe and Asia, and is tested and packaged in Nashville, Tennessee, USA. Each microphone includes its serialized frequency response graph created during final testing.
The CV4 is packaged with its swivel mount in a wooden box, which is set inside an aluminum case with the included power supply unit, 7-pin XLR cable and shock mount.
The main features of the Miktek CV4 include:
- Classic Large-diaphragm Tube Condenser Design
- MK9 Dual 1-inch Capsule with 5-micron Mylar, Evaporated Gold Diaphragms
- AMI BT4 Transformer
- Original NOS Telefunken EF800 Tube
- Individual serialized Frequency Response Graph
- External Power Supply and 7-pin XLR Cable
- Polar Patterns Nine Selectable; Omni Hyper Cardioid, Cardioid, Half Cardioid, Figure-8 and a transitional pattern in between each
- Frequency Response 20~20000Hz
- Sensitivity -35 dBV/Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level 16 dB
- Dynamic range 117dB
- S/N Ratio 78dB
- Max SPL 133 dB
- Power Supply Miktek PS4
- Includes wood Presentation Case with swivel-mount, shock-mount and rugged aluminum Carrying Case