The Neumann BCM 705 Broadcast Microphone is specifically designed for broadcast applications featuring a dynamic capsule, integrated pop protection and a hypercardioid pickup pattern.
The BCM 705 is the first Neumann microphone with a dynamic capsule. The housing and headgrille are identical to those of the BCM 104; only the green logo indicates that this is something new from Neumann.
The principle of reduction to the essentials can be seen in the dynamic capsule with a hypercardioid directional characteristic, specifically designed for speech reproduction at close range. Multi-level isolation from structure-borne noise ensures operation free of interference, even in a lively studio environment.
The microphone headgrille twists off easily for quick cleaning. Neumann offers optional, color-coded headgrilles so that, for reasons of hygiene, each announcer can use his or her individual headgrille.
The microphones of the Broadcast Line have an elastic mount against structure-borne noise, that is compatible with standard broadcast-segment microphone arms.
The frequency response has a light treble boost, in the region from 2 kHz to 9 kHz, aiding the speech intelligibility. The bass frequency response is designed to compensate for the overemphasis of the bass caused by the proximity effect.
The integrated Pop Screen not only prevents the occurrence of plosive pop noises in vocal recordings, but also efficiently prevents unwanted particles, from respiratory moisture, nicotine, to food remnants, from settling on the diaphragm.
Neumann BCM 705 main features include:
- Dynamic capsule
- Hypercardioid directional characteristic
- Characteristic, functionally optimized design
- Integrated pop protection
- Integrated suspension
- Individual headgrilles for different users
- Colored rings to identify the replacement headgrilles
- Easy removal and cleaning of microphone headgrille (with bayonet mount)
- Mechanical compatibility with standard studio boom arms
- Multi-level isolation from structure-borne noise
- No power supply required
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 10 kohm: 1.7 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 200 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 10 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 32 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 18 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 62 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 76 dB
- Weight: 500 g
- Diameter: 64 mm
- Length: 85 mm
- Height (without suspension): 110 mm
- Mic Mounting Arm not included