The Royer R-121 Live, Black Ribbon Microphone built from the highly acclaimed Royer R-121 Ribbon Mic. The R-121 Live is designed for live events and recording. With increased durability the R-121 Live gives FOH engineers greater confidence in the ribbon standing up to the rigors of the road.
The R-121 Live is comparable to a dynamic mic, but at the same time delivers the warm, realistic tone that only a ribbon mic can. the R-121 Live virtually eliminates the shrill high-end often associated with live guitars and brass. Push up the faders and there's the instrument in all its fullness and natural glory, minus the peaky highs.
The R-121 Live is visually differentiated by its red logo. The ribbon element thickness is increased from 2.5 microns to 4-microns, giving the microphone greater durability and a slightly reduced high end response. Highs are often rolled off in live performances, but due to the R-121 Live's exceptionally smooth high frequency response, it needs far less eq'ing than is usually required with condenser and dynamic microphones.
R-121 Live's proprietary offset ribbon transducer is the first of its kind, positioning the ribbon element closer to the front (logo) side of the microphone. This arrangement gives the ribbon more room to move within the prime magnetic field while maintaining full frequency response on high SPL applications. It's an integral piece of the magic of all Royer R-series microphones.
The main features of the R-121 Live includes:
- Live Applications: Electric Guitar Amps, Brass Instruments, Horn Sections, Percussion Instruments
- High SPL Capabilities
- No internal active electronics to overload or produce distortion
up to maximum SPL rating
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon element is not affected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high frequency phase distortion
- Equal sensitivity from front or back of element
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distance
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Electrodynamic pressure gradient
- Polar Pattern: Figure-8
- Generating Element: 4-micron aluminum ribbon
- Magnets: Rare Earth Neodymium
- Frequency Response: 30 -15,000 Hz +/- 3dB
- Sensitivity: -50 dBv Re. 1v/pa
- Output Impedance: 300 Ohms @ 1K (nominal)
- Rated Load Impedance: >1500 Ohms @ 300 Ohms
- Maximum SPL: >135dB @ 20 Hz
- Output Connector: Male XLR 3 pin (Pin 2 Hot)
- Dimensions: 58mm L, 25mm W (6.13" L, 1" W)
- Weight: 244g (8.6 oz)
- Finish: Black