The Shure SM57 + X2u Digital Instrument Microphone Bundle features the industry standard SM57 microphone along with a Shure X2u signal adaptor.
The Shure SM57 Unidirectional Dynamic Microphone is exceptional for musical instrument pickup or for vocals.
With its bright, clean sound and carefully contoured presence rise, the SM57 is ideal for live sound reinforcement and recording. It has an extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern which isolates the main sound source while minimizing background noise.
In the studio, the SM57 is an excellent Instrument Microphone, ideal for recording drums, guitar, and woodwinds. For musical instruments or vocals, the Shure SM57 is a consistent choice of professional performers. It is also the standard microphone used on the podium of the U.S. President for over 30 years. Its outstanding performance, legendary reliability, and diversity of application make this "workhorse" the choice of performers, producers, and sound engineers the world over.
The X2u, combined with any wired microphone can be easily connected directly to a computer without the need for any additional hardware. This would make it ideal for home recording studios.
The X2u is compatible with Windows 7&8 (32 & 64 bit), Vista (32 & 64 bit), XP, 2000 and Max OS X (10.1 or later). It features a built in headphone jack so that you can monitor the sound without the need for an additional sound card. It also includes an integrated pre-amp with mic gain control which allows you to control the signal strength.
You can expect zero latency monitoring with the X2U. Zero-latency monitoring means real-time playback and multi-tracking without delay and 16-bit/48 kHz sample rate provides better-than-CD-quality audio.
With Monitor Mix Control (which is featured on the X2U) you can blend the mic signal and audio playback as you desire.
The main features of the Shure SM57 + X2u Digital Instrument Microphone Bundle include:
Shure SM57 features:
- Contoured frequency response for clean, instrumental reproduction and rich vocal pickup
- Professional- quality reproduction for drum, percussion, and instrument amplifier miking
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while reducing background noise
- Pneumatic shock- mount system cuts down handling noise
- Extremely durable under the heaviest use
- Frequency response: 40 to 15,000 Hz
Shure X2u features:
- USB Plug and Play connectivity
- Compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2000, 7, 8 and Mac OS X (10.1 or later)
- Integrated pre-amp with Microphone Gain Control allows control of input signal strength
- Zero Latency Monitoring for real-time playback and multi-tracking without disorientation
- Headphone jack with volume control for monitoring
- Monitor Mix Control for blending microphone and playback audio
- Provides +48V phantom power for use with condenser microphones
- Includes 3 m USB cable and zippered pouch