The Shure SM58 + X2u Digital Vocal Microphone Bundle features the industry standard SM58 microphone along with a Shure X2u signal adaptor.
The Shure SM58 is Shure's most popular Cardioid Dynamic Microphone for live use.
Consistently the first choice of performers around the globe, the Shure SM58 mic is a genuine world standard and a true vocal legend.
The Shure SM58 is a unidirectional (cardioid) dynamic vocal microphone designed for professional vocal use in live performance, sound reinforcement, and studio recording. A highly effective, built-in, spherical filter minimizes wind and breath "pop" noise. A cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise.
The SM58 has a tailored vocal response for a sound which is a world standard. Rugged construction, a proven shock mount system, and a steel mesh grille ensure that even with rough handling, the SM58 will perform consistently. Used outdoors or indoors, for singing or for speech, the SM58 is the overwhelming choice of professionals worldwide.
The X2u, combined with any wired microphone can be easily connected directly to a computer without the need for any additional hardware. This would make it ideal for home recording studios.
The X2u is compatible with Windows 7&8 (32 & 64 bit), Vista (32 & 64 bit), XP, 2000 and Max OS X (10.1 or later). It features a built in headphone jack so that you can monitor the sound without the need for an additional sound card. It also includes an integrated pre-amp with mic gain control which allows you to control the signal strength.
You can expect zero latency monitoring with the X2U. Zero-latency monitoring means real-time playback and multi-tracking without delay and 16-bit/48 kHz sample rate provides better-than-CD-quality audio.
With Monitor Mix Control (which is featured on the X2U) you can blend the mic signal and audio playback as you desire.
The main features of the Shure BLX14RE/W85 Wireless Lavalier Microphone System include:
Shure SM58 features:
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz
Shure X2u features:
- USB Plug and Play connectivity
- Compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2000, 7, 8 and Mac OS X (10.1 or later)
- Integrated pre-amp with Microphone Gain Control allows control of input signal strength
- Zero Latency Monitoring for real-time playback and multi-tracking without disorientation
- Headphone jack with volume control for monitoring
- Monitor Mix Control for blending microphone and playback audio
- Provides +48V phantom power for use with condenser microphones
- Includes 3 m USB cable and zippered pouch