The Studio Projects C4 is a small diaphragm condenser microphone set featuring interchangeable capsules, switchable -10dB pad/high pass filter and a linear low-noise, solid state amplifier body.
The Studio Projects C4’s modularity makes it a useful multi-purpose tool intended for all-around use on stage, on location and in studios of all caliber. As a cardioid (pressure gradient) microphone, the C4 provides excellent pickup of on-axis sources while attenuating extraneous sound occurring from around and behind the mic. This makes it ideal for close miking of individual instruments where bleed from other nearby instruments or sound is undesirable.
The C4 cardioids also make excellent stereo pairs for coincident and near-coincident miking techniques such as X-Y and ORTF. Additionally the C4’s are quite useful on a drum kit as overheads and on toms.
Used as an omni-directional (pressure) microphone, the Studio Projects C4 offers a warm tonal response and is recommended especially for close miking in favorable acoustical environments. There is very little off axis coloration owing to the inherent physical properties of pressure capsules, and it is this - combined with the low self-noise of the mic amplifier that makes the C4 omni an excellent ambience mic –especially in pairs.
In a good room, a pair of omni’s can provide a vibrant and live feel to recordings, which is not achievable through the use of directional microphones. Recommended uses are, spaced pair omni, Jecklin disc (OSS), piano, guitar, drum overheads and room miking. The C4 is available in pairs with mic clips, windscreens and case.
Studio Projects C4 main features include:
- Studio Quality Stereo Pair Microphone System
- Modular Design
- Interchangeable Capsules (Omni, Cardioid)
- Switchable -10dB pad/ High Pass Filter
- Transformerless Output
- Rugged Construction
- Included Accessories: Foam Windscreens, Pair of Cardoid Heads, Pair of Omni Heads, Road Case
- Polar pattern: Cardioid, Omni, Hyper Cardioid (optional)
- Frequency response: 40~20000Hz
- Sensitivity: 12m V/Pa. where 1 pa = 94dB SPL
- Output impedance: <200 Ohm
- Load impedance: >1200 Ohm
- Maximum SPL: 150 dB SPL with -10dB pad
- Noise: 16 DB SPL, (A-weighted per IEC268-15)
- S/N: 78 dB
- Pad: -10dB or -20dB
- Low cut: 6dB/Octave at 75Hz or 150Hz
- Power requirement 48 +/- 4V
- Current consumption: <2mA
- Connector: Gold-plated 3-pin XLR
- Circuit: FET driven, discrete balanced output