The Epiphone Hummingbird Pro 6-String Electro Acoustic Guitar Faded Cherry Burst brings the legendary country/rock "Hummingbird" into the 21st century with the Shadow ePerformer preamp and Shadow NanoFlex pickup system.
First introduced in 1960, the square shouldered Hummingbird quickly became a classic thanks to Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones, who used a Hummingbird for rhythm on early Stones hits like "Satisfaction," "Play With Fire," and "Under My Thumb." There are also many classic photographs of Keith using a Hummingbird on sessions for Exile on Main Street, Goat’s Head Soup, and Sticky Fingers. Today, the Hummingbird is still a go-to acoustic for rockers like Noel Gallagher, Sheryl Crow, and Kid Rock when they need a rhythm guitar with smooth action and superb “woody” tone that’s full of character.
On its own, the Hummingbird Pro Acoustic/Electric can drive an all-acoustic band or be front and center at a picking party with its sweet, balanced tone. Now with the Shadow ePerformer preamp and Shadow NanoFlex pickup system, the Hummingbird Pro can plug-in and hold its own on any size stage.
The main features of the Epiphone Hummingbird Pro 6-String Electro Acoustic Guitar Faded Cherry Burst include:
- Legendary Country/Rock "Hummingbird"
- Solid Spruce Top
- Select Mahogany Body
- Select Mahogany Neck
- Neck Profile: SlimTaper "D" Profile
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Binding: Fingerboard 1-Ply (White), Body Top 5-Ply (White/Black), Body Back 1-Ply (White)
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid Parallelogram
- Scale: 24.75"
- Frets: 20 Medium Frets
- Nut: 1.68"
- Bridge: Rosewood, Reverse Belly
- Saddle: Compensated, Imitation Bone
- Pickguard: Imitation Tortoise with Traditional Hummingbird Artwork
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Grover 14:1
- Electronics: Shadow ePerformer Preamp
- Controls: Master Volume, Treble EQ, Bass EQ