The Epiphone Sheraton-II Pro Electric Guitar Vintage Sunburst is a 6-string electric guitar, featuring a hollowbody design, a maple body, a maple/walnut neck, a rosewood fretboard, and a vintage sunburst finish. The Epiphone Sheraton-II Pro honours Epiphone's most influential "thin-line" semi-hollowbody electric archtop, now offered in a beautiful vintage sunburst finish plus critically acclaimed ProBucker pickups with coil-splitting and a Graphtech NuBone XL nut.
The Sheraton has been renowned for decades for its combination of superior tone and beautiful pearloid and abalone inlays. Originally released in 1959, the inspiration for the "thin-line" or ES series has its roots in Les Paul's first solidbody guitar, "The Log," that Les built in Epiphone’s factory in Manhattan in 1940. "The Log" was made from Epiphone parts with a 4" x 4" piece of Pinewood down the middle.
The ES-series is also semi-hollow with a solid center, which makes it more resistant to feedback than a typical archtop guitar. The Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO is backed by Epiphone’s Lifetime Limited Warranty that guarantees every Epiphone against defects in materials or workmanship, plus Gibson’s 24/7/365 Customer Service.
The main features of the Epiphone Sheraton-II Pro Electric Guitar Wine Red include:
- Body: Laminated Maple
- Neck: 5-pc Hard Maple/Walnut Laminated
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper
- Neck Joint: Glued-in, set
- Scale: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with "Block & Triangle" Inlays/Pearloid & Abalone
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Nut: Graphtech NuBone XL
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Headstock: Vintage "Large Clipped Ear" with Mother of Pearl "Vine" Inlay
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker-2
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker-3
- Controls: Bridge Volume with Coil-Splitting, Neck Volume with Coil-Splitting, Bridge Tone, Neck Tone
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-o-Matic
- Tailpiece: Stop Bar
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine Heads: Grover Rotomatics, 18:1 Ratio
- Strings: D’Addario 10-46 Gauge
- Colours: Vintage Sunburst