The Fender American Elite 5-String Jazz Bass V EB OCT Ocean Turquoise is a 5-string bass guitar featuring an alder body, a maple neck, an ebony fretboard, and an ocean turquoise finish. The American Elite Jazz is an update on Fender’s classic design, introducing revolutionary technology and sound. This bass guitar is a multi-faceted performer with a classic style, and offers an exceptional feel and versatile, giant sound that surpasses previous Jazz models.
These bass guitars feature the brand new 4th-generation Noiseless pickups that combine a modern noise-free performance with an authentic vintage sound that makes no sacrifices. Designed for fast playing and effortless position changes, the compound profile neck on this bass guitar features a 9.5”-14” compound radius fingerboard that is ideal for all playing styles. A modern “C”-shape profile at the bone nut morphs into a modern “D”-shaped profile at the updated neck heel. This provides plenty of comfortable support for fast players.
Posiflex graphite support rods run along the length of the neck, adding stability, but resisting temperature- and humidity-induced warping. The HiMass Vintage bridge increases note attack and resonance for huge basslines with a hard punch and near-endless sustain while allowing either top-load or strings-thru-body stringing. Each guitar comes with a redesigned Elite Molded Case featuring TSA locks, offering increased protection for your brand new instrument.
The main features of the Fender American Elite 5-String Jazz Bass V EB OCT Ocean Turquoise include:
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern "C" to "D"
- Scale Length: 34"
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"-14" Compound
- Frets: 21x Medium Jumbo
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5"
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mounted Spoke Wheel Adjustment
- Neck Plate: 5-Bolt Asymmetrical
- Bridge Pickup: 4th Generation Noiseless
- Middle Pickup: 4th Generation Noiseless
- Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Active/Passive Mini Toggle
- Switching: 2-Way Mini Toggle Switch for Active/Passive Mode
- Preamp: 18V with Active 3-Band EQ
- Bridge: 5-Saddle HiMass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- Tuning Machines: Fender "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Finish: Ocean Turquoise