The Fender DLX Active Jazz Bass Guitar V RW Olympic White is a 5-string bass guitar, featuring an alder body, a maple neck, a rosewood fretboard, and an Olympic white finish. Elegant and packed with versatile tones, the Deluxe Active Jazz Bass V is ideal for 5-string bassists who need a flexible tone machine that looks great on stage. Powered by a pair of growling Vintage Noiseless Jazz Bass bridge pickups, this instrument’s bright, full sound easily cuts through a mix, ensuring the bass is heard clearly while retaining punch and low end authority.
Active/passive switching makes it easy to access both vintage-styled and modern voices, further extending this instrument’s sonic flexibility. The robust control scheme includes a three-band active EQ with treble, mid and bass controls—each with boost and cut to accurately shape your tone—along with a pan pot for precision blending of the pickups’ potent sound. The five-saddle Fender HiMass bridge with chrome-plated zing saddles improves every note’s sustain and resonance, while enhancing the attack for lively tone that lets your sonic personality shine through.
The “C”-shaped maple neck is comfortable for all playing styles and hosts a 1.5” synthetic bone nut and fast-playing 12”-radius fingerboard with 20 medium jumbo frets for a familiar playing feel. The alder body bears a durable gloss polyester finish. Classic Jazz Bass appointments include vintage-style black plastic Jazz Bass control knobs, nickel/chrome hardware, black pickup covers, pearloid dot inlays and a 3-ply B/W/B pickguard. Includes deluxe gig bag.
The main features of the Fender DLX Active Jazz Bass Guitar V RW Olympic White include:
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, “C” Shape
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 20, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dots
- Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.875” (47.6 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
- Bridge: Fender HiMass with Chrome-Plated Zinc Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Pickups: Dual-Coil Ceramic Noiseless Jazz Bass with Nickel-Plated Pole Pieces (Bridge & Middle)
- Pickup Switching: Pan Pot
- Controls: Master Volume, Pan Control, Three-Band Active EQ with TrebleBoost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut & Mid Boost/Cut
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA NPS, (Gauges .45 - .125)
- Colour: Olympic White