The Fender DLX Active Precision Bass Guitar RW Surf Pearl is a 4-string bass guitar, featuring an alder body, a maple neck, a rosewood fretboard, and a surf pearl finish. Designed for powerful, flexible tone with smooth playing feel, this robust and rich-sounding bass combines the best features of Fender’s classic basses to create a “hybrid” model with sleek, authentic Fender style but is packed with new tones.
Powered by a punchy vintage-style split-coil Precision Bass pickup in the middle position and a growling Vintage Noiseless Jazz Bass bridge pickup, this bass can rise to many occasions. The robust control scheme includes a three-band active EQ with treble, mid and bass controls—each with boost and cut to accurately shape your tone—along with a pan pot for precision blending of the pickups’ potent sound. The active/passive switch makes it easy to access both vintage-styled and modern voices, further extending this instrument’s sonic flexibility.
The Fender HiMass bridge improves every note’s sustain and resonance, while enhancing the attack for lively tone that lets your sonic personality shine through. The “C”-shaped maple neck is comfortable for all playing styles and hosts a 1.5” synthetic bone nut and fast-playing 12”-radius fingerboard with 20 medium jumbo frets. The alder body bears a durable gloss polyester finish. Classic Precision Bass appointments include knurled flat-top control knobs, nickel/chrome hardware, black pickup covers, pearloid dot inlays and a 3-ply B/W/B pickguard. Includes deluxe gig bag.
The main features of the Fender DLX Active Precision Bass Guitar RW Surf Pearl include:
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, “C” Shape
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 20, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dots
- Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.5” (38.1 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Scale Length: 34” (864 mm)
- Bridge: Fender HiMass
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Pickups: Dual-Coil Ceramic Noiseless Jazz Bass with Nickel-Plated Pole Pieces (Bridge), Vintage Split Single-Coil Precision Bass (Middle)
- Pickup Switching: Pan Pot
- Controls: Master Volume, Three-Band Active EQ with Treble Boost/Cut, BassBoost/Cut and Mid Boost/Cut
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (Gauges .045 - .105)
- Colour: Surf Pearl
- Includes Deluxe Gig Bag